Asrock G10 2600 DD-WRT v3.0-r45735 USB + PYLOAD won't work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sir egc is right however, as I notice the complicated partition layout users having issues in the build threads.

Stay simple (and clean) at least for now.
Sponsor
FireStorm@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Ok, I may have mis-commented earlier about unsupported filesystems, BUT, let me re-iterate about the unclean filesystem that has been mentioned twice already. CLEAN YOUR DRIVE'S FILESYSTEMS. You won't be able to use any recent builds if you don't.

Can you explain why? By cleaning you mean to format it? I would like to keep the NTFS Filesystem
FireStorm@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
You have a time machine? I am still waiting for r47119! =) Maybe you meant to say r44719.

haha yeah sorry I mean r44719
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I do not Samba, assume recent issues are a combination of settings such as minimum / maximum version,

user accounts, OS saved login info, saved shares or links, "special" partition layouts and dirty file systems.

For NTFS use chkdsk command or right click drive letter, properties, tools to check for errors.

For EXT2/3/4 file systems use e2fsck.
FireStorm@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
I do not Samba, assume recent issues are a combination of settings such as minimum / maximum version,

user accounts, OS saved login info, saved shares or links, "special" partition layouts and dirty file systems.

For NTFS use chkdsk command or right click drive letter, properties, tools to check for errors.

For EXT2/3/4 file systems use e2fsck.

Sorry the language you are using is not understandable for me. WHERE should I use chkdsk?
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Connect the drive to a Windows computer and run command prompt as administrator.

Or, just use the mouse to right click the drive letter properties then tools.
FireStorm@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
Connect the drive to a Windows computer and run command prompt as administrator.

Ok got it and then? Because the drive works under windows without any problems.
FireStorm@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:

I got this result:

Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode.

How can I start CHKDSK without read-only mode?
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use chkdsk /? to see a list of command switches, /F or /X for example, if drive letter is E: then "chkdsk E: /F".

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=chkdsk+read+only+mode

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=check+disk+windows
FireStorm@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thx performing chdsk,since it is 3TB big it will take a while... but I am still convinced it has nothing to do with my issue. As I said newer builds it does not work mit der 44719 the drive works, so I doubt chdsk will fix the issue. but lets see...
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Warning: recently windows stopped allowing guest access using SMB2 and as SMB1 is deprecated you always need to add a user to connect to your SMB shares when using windows it seems.
I mean you have to add a user in DDWRT with a password and use that to connect.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/networking/guest-access-in-smb2-is-disabled-by-default

And yes partitions have to be clean also since we started using new drivers.

And yes even when taking that all into account there are still bugs flying around.

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
FireStorm@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
Warning: recently windows stopped allowing guest access using SMB2 and as SMB1 is deprecated you always need to add a user to connect to your SMB shares when using windows it seems.
I mean you have to add a user in DDWRT with a password and use that to connect.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/networking/guest-access-in-smb2-is-disabled-by-default

And yes partitions have to be clean also since we started using new drivers.

And yes even when taking that all into account there are still bugs flying around.

Hi, yes I have a user for accessing my shared drive, so that won't be the reason. However, let's hope chdsk will be able to fix some drive issues and fix my problem at the end. still running.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
You (likely) have to have a separate user for each machine to access the share. You can't use a single user for all clients connecting to the share, apparently. It has been discussed in another thread by @flood404. I am still at a loss as to why Win7 has so many issues now with Samba, outside of maybe improper configuration on both sides of the coin. P.S. 45891 dropped today.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
FireStorm@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
You (likely) have to have a separate user for each machine to access the share. You can't use a single user for all clients connecting to the share, apparently. It has been discussed in another thread by @flood404. I am still at a loss as to why Win7 has so many issues now with Samba, outside of maybe improper configuration on both sides of the coin. P.S. 45891 dropped today.

Is the 45891 somehow better? I actually downgraded to 44719 as this is the last know build where my drive is recognized
FireStorm@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally with newest build Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r45891 std (03/04/21)

it works again Smile Maybe chkdsk did the trick as well Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: