tplink WR940N v6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
zetatec
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
kretex wrote:
zetatec wrote:
basupriyapaul wrote:
DrPereira wrote:
Sorry if I'm posting on the wrong thread, I'm really new to this sort of forums...

Hi guys, I just bought a TL-WR940N v6 BR and been getting the same 18005 error message... is it the same problem than in v5? Any kind soul to modify the file to be usable in BR? Thanks in advance.

FCC ID TE7WR940NV6.

I can send more info if needed.

Follow my steps : https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1155331#1155330

Text me up for further help Smile

Hello friend, thank you in advance.
But it does not work, the version is BR, in betas there is only US and EU.
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/09-13-2019-r41027/tplink_tl-wr940ndv6/
I flashed them both via TFTP. Everything works, connect to wan, the Wifi network, but does not access the web interface 192.168.1.1, is loading infinitely. SSH and Telnet also do not work.

WR940N V6.0 (BR)

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321284

r40863 work. Thanks Very Happy
Sponsor
usamaiqbal1177
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 17:06    Post subject: Can't upgrade r41027 Reply with quote
I have successfully flashed factory-to-ddwrt-us.bin from my factory tplink firmware. And logged in to ddwrt UI page but when trying to flash the second file, it takes about 10 mins and says it failed to flash the second (tl-wr940ndv6-webflash.bin) file.

My router is 940nv6 US. I have downloaded the latest as of now which is 09-13-2019-r41027. Please somebody guide me to the correct flashing of the second file. Also, my internet works fine but I want to ask that is it OK to use in this condition as only one file flashed successfully while the other failed.
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 17:23    Post subject: Re: Can't upgrade r41027 Reply with quote
usamaiqbal1177 wrote:
I have successfully flashed factory-to-ddwrt-us.bin from my factory tplink firmware. And logged in to ddwrt UI page but when trying to flash the second file, it takes about 10 mins and says it failed to flash the second (tl-wr940ndv6-webflash.bin) file.

That is all you need for now.
The other webflash.bin file is for future upgrades.

You may have to try a different browser or upgrade using CLI for that

.https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation#Method_3:_Flashing_with_Command_Line

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad (1.1M blocked) + Blocklist Collection

zetatec
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
zetatec wrote:
kretex wrote:
zetatec wrote:
basupriyapaul wrote:
DrPereira wrote:
Sorry if I'm posting on the wrong thread, I'm really new to this sort of forums...

Hi guys, I just bought a TL-WR940N v6 BR and been getting the same 18005 error message... is it the same problem than in v5? Any kind soul to modify the file to be usable in BR? Thanks in advance.

FCC ID TE7WR940NV6.

I can send more info if needed.

Follow my steps : https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1155331#1155330

Hello friend, thank you in advance.
But it does not work, the version is BR, in betas there is only US and EU.
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/09-13-2019-r41027/tplink_tl-wr940ndv6/
I flashed them both via TFTP. Everything works, connect to wan, the Wifi network, but does not access the web interface 192.168.1.1, is loading infinitely. SSH and Telnet also do not work.

WR940N V6.0 (BR)

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321284

r40863 work. Thanks Very Happy

Devices that are connected on the LAN cannot communicate.
For example, device 192.168.1.106 on LAN does not communicate with 192.168.1.144 also on LAN.
But the 192.168.1.100 device on Wifi communicates with 192.168.1.106 and 192.168.1.144
Any Help?
servicetech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
zetatec wrote:

Devices that are connected on the LAN cannot communicate.
For example, device 192.168.1.106 on LAN does not communicate with 192.168.1.144 also on LAN.
But the 192.168.1.100 device on Wifi communicates with 192.168.1.106 and 192.168.1.144
Any Help?

known issue with default VLAN on switch ports see https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=262849&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30 and a lot similar topics here

you should go to administration, commands and type in and save as startup
(for my WR941ndv6 r39944 and r40863 this works)

swconfig dev switch0 set reset 1
swconfig dev switch0 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev switch0 set apply

reboot your router after saving startup
masoud1112
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 14:10    Post subject: ip/dns leak when use openvpn ? Reply with quote
hello guys.
I'm a total newbie. i've just bought a tp-link wr940n v6. and successfully installed the dd-wrt on it. (thanks for instructions)

but I've read on the internet that V6 it's not good and not compatible due to low ram/memory etc, and you'll have DNS/ip leak when you use the OpenVPN for it. so it's not good.
I've read most of the threads here about tp-link wr940n v6 to find out if it's true or not.

1- so my question is if I connect the router to the internet using dd-wrt through OpenVPN, will I have a leak? (please explain the answer)

2 - why in the router database it said NO for the V6 support? and all available is beta.
will there be a stable version for tp-link wr940n v6 router ?
I know it's all on me to use dd-wrt or not, and it's as-is.
but I'm just asking...

Thanks in advance.
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 15:55    Post subject: Re: ip/dns leak when use openvpn ? Reply with quote
masoud1112 wrote:
hello guys.
I'm a total newbie. i've just bought a tp-link wr940n v6. and successfully installed the dd-wrt on it. (thanks for instructions)

but I've read on the internet that V6 it's not good and not compatible due to low ram/memory etc, and you'll have DNS/ip leak when you use the OpenVPN for it. so it's not good.
I've read most of the threads here about tp-link wr940n v6 to find out if it's true or not.

1- so my question is if I connect the router to the internet using dd-wrt through OpenVPN, will I have a leak? (please explain the answer)

2 - why in the router database it said NO for the V6 support? and all available is beta.
but I'm just asking...

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum Smile

In the sticky threads there are some rules explained but the 4 most important are (in random order):
1. When posting always state router model, build number and when applicable Linux Kernel used.
2. NEVER use the router database
3. Supported devices (and most of the time an install guide) can be found at the supported devices wiki: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices
4. All builds are beta see the build threads on the forums for problems and be prepared to do serial recovery, builds can be found at: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/ ( I have tested a lot of builds on a lot of routers and never had to do serial recovery, sometimes TFTP recovery, but maybe I am just lucky)

Smile

I think your router has 4 MB flash RAM, but there are people who have or know this router so wait for their advice.
If it really has only 4 MB return it to the shop and get something better, it is possible that there is no OpenVPN in builds for only 4 MB flash RAM.

About the DNS leak and openVPN that is just utter nonsens (you can have a DNS leak if you configure wrong but that has nothing to do with openVPN or DDWRT)

Have fun

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
masoud1112
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 18:57    Post subject: Re: ip/dns leak when use openvpn ? Reply with quote
egc wrote:
masoud1112 wrote:
hello guys.

but I'm just asking...

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum Smile

In the sticky threads there are some rules explained but the 4 most important are (in random order):
1. When posting always state router model, build number and when applicable Linux Kernel used.
2. NEVER use the router database
3. Supported devices (and most of the time an install guide) can be found at the supported devices wiki: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices
4. All builds are beta see the build threads on the forums for problems and be prepared to do serial recovery, builds can be found at: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/ ( I have tested a lot of builds on a lot of routers and never had to do serial recovery, sometimes TFTP recovery, but maybe I am just lucky)

Smile

I think your router has 4 MB flash RAM, but there are people who have or know this router so wait for their advice.
If it really has only 4 MB return it to the shop and get something better, it is possible that there is no OpenVPN in builds for only 4 MB flash RAM.

About the DNS leak and openVPN that is just utter nonsens (you can have a DNS leak if you configure wrong but that has nothing to do with openVPN or DDWRT)

Have fun

hello. thanks for pointing out the forum rules. and helping about openvpn. Wink
but it seems that the newest beta for wr940n does not support openvpn! and it's not in the vpn tab Sad
and i think i have no option, rather than buy another router Crying or Very sad
masoud1112
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 20:35    Post subject: Re: v4 Reply with quote
basupriyapaul wrote:
peppelr wrote:
I tryied to flash this image by TFTP procedure on my TL-WR940N v4 because it seames to have the same hardware of v6, but after download the router don't reboot automaticalli.
After manual reboot by power on, the router return to previous firmware.
Are there any "work around" about v4?
Thank You.

I think you did something wrong with your TFTP flashing.

Link for latest builds : ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/

Choose your build, and look for 'tplink_tl-wr940ndvx' where x is your hardware version number. And yeah, tl-wr940nd and tl-wr940n are the same thing.

How to check whether EU or US region and hardware version : https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1155331#1155332

Here's the working method :

IMP : Use the factory-to-ddwrt file for TFTP flashing.

#1 For a bit of practice (before the actual flashing), and knowing the filename required for TFTP flashing :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plaxiiSKlJI

#2 Now's the actual flashing :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k1sxwX5pMk

I take no credit for the videos. It's just that the videos are really helpful, so I shared them.

Happy flashing Smile

thanks for the help. i actually did with your method and worked well.
just do you have any idea , how to enable OpenVPN gui ?
there was no openvpn thing to use.

is it possible to use openvpn with version6 (EU)? or not at all?

thanks in advance.
basupriyapaul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 19:11    Post subject: Re: Can't upgrade r41027 Reply with quote
usamaiqbal1177 wrote:

My router is 940nv6 US. I have downloaded the latest as of now which is 09-13-2019-r41027. Please somebody guide me to the correct flashing of the second file. Also, my internet works fine but I want to ask that is it OK to use in this condition as only one file flashed successfully while the other failed.

The factory file is enough. If you want to upgrade via web gui, you'll need the web flash file. So, just flash the factory file via tftp and you'll be good to go.
basupriyapaul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 19:28    Post subject: Re: ip/dns leak when use openvpn ? Reply with quote
masoud1112 wrote:
hello guys.

but I'm just asking...

Thanks in advance.

Ans to ques 2 :

Because it takes quite a lot of time to confirm whether a specific build is perfectly stable for that router or not.
And moreover, 'stability of a router' is subjective.
A build is 'stable' if it works for your needs, and that same build may be 'unstable' if it doesn't work for someone else's.
And just because the database says it's stable, doesn't mean it actually is.
eg, the latest recommended build 40559 for wr841ndv11 has high cpu usage issue (random spikes), thus freezing up the router randomly.
And I can say this, because I have myself experienced it.

So, just try out the latest beta build, and check for yourself.

I have used the 37305 build on wr940ndv6, and it worked just okay for me. Give it a try.

Sorry if this got a bit too long.
basupriyapaul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 19:36    Post subject: Re: v4 Reply with quote
masoud1112 wrote:
basupriyapaul wrote:
peppelr wrote:
I tryied to flash this image by TFTP procedure on my TL-WR940N v4 because it seames to have the same hardware of v6, but after download the router don't reboot automaticalli.
After manual reboot by power on, the router return to previous firmware.
Are there any "work around" about v4?
Thank You.

I think you did something wrong with your TFTP flashing.

Link for latest builds : ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/

Choose your build, and look for 'tplink_tl-wr940ndvx' where x is your hardware version number. And yeah, tl-wr940nd and tl-wr940n are the same thing.

How to check whether EU or US region and hardware version : https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1155331#1155332

Here's the working method :

IMP : Use the factory-to-ddwrt file for TFTP flashing.

#1 For a bit of practice (before the actual flashing), and knowing the filename required for TFTP flashing :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plaxiiSKlJI

#2 Now's the actual flashing :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k1sxwX5pMk

I take no credit for the videos. It's just that the videos are really helpful, so I shared them.

Happy flashing Smile

thanks for the help. i actually did with your method and worked well.
just do you have any idea , how to enable OpenVPN gui ?
there was no openvpn thing to use.

is it possible to use openvpn with version6 (EU)? or not at all?

thanks in advance.

openvpn may be possible via command line, and that's too maybe. Look through forums for openvpn support for low ram devices. Via gui, I don't think so. Maybe someone has modified a build. Again, search harder.
jeanvalu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Im new for here, I too have a tplink with 4mb of flash, I dont have OPENVPN, I try search: openvpn support for low ram devices but dont found it, please someone have a tip?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: