linking Broadcom to Marvell router need help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
fixitfixit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:13    Post subject: linking Broadcom to Marvell router need help. Reply with quote
Hi I have been using a Archer C9 running DDWRT r31571 which has a Broadcom BCM4709 chip. I want to connect a Linksys WRT1900 V2 running DDWRT r42054 with a Marvell Armada 385 chip as a repeater (I need to have access in the loft area of my house but have no way of running a cable) the options on the Linksys router are AP/client/client bridge (routed)
WDS station/ WDS station (mikrotik)/ WDS ap. can anyone advise me if this is possible and if so the best way to tackle this-thank you.
Sponsor
fixitfixit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone any idea if its possible to link the routers? any help or advice would be appreciated,thanx.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Linking_Routers
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
fixitfixit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
problem solved. Had the Archer C9 as the primary router and set the WRT 1900 to Client Bridge(Routed) with added virtual interfaces- the 2.4Ghz band worked perfect but no way could I get the 5.0 band to connect via the repeater.
I have acquired a Linksys WRT 32X with build r38326 running as the primary router.
I set the Linksys WRT 1900ACS V2 with build r42054 in client Bridge (routed) mode with virtual interfaces. the whole system now works mint.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: