Best build for Linksys WRT1900ACSv2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
giles02134
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 16:11    Post subject: Best build for Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 Reply with quote
I'm currently at R44048. I've been hesitant to move on from that build because of the issues with Apple devices.

I know that any update will require a clean install, rather than attempting to preserve current settings.

Now, I see there are some kernel compatibility issues with my router.

What would be the best recommendation for a newer build? I've been a DD-WRT user for some time, but I've lost my appetite for a lot of experimentation. Razz

Any advice would be much appreciated.

ISP: Verizon Fios
NAS: ReadyNas314
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
As we don't know your set up ...and you could ve see/find in the "new builds threads"
there are various reports from various uses

for example the last one...(but not wifi used)

Zyxx wrote:
Router/Version: Linksys WRT1900ACS v2
File: ddwrt-linksys-wrt1900acsv2-webflash.bin
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r55033 std (01/29/24)
Kernel: Linux 6.1.75 #267 SMP Mon Jan 29 04:51:21 +07 2024 arm
Mode: Gateway, SFE disabled, QoS in use, Wifi disabled, Wireguard for external access, WAN to DSL Modem, samba to access USB3-ext4 SSD, Keep Alive reboot 5:00 in the morning, using my own local NTP
Reset: No
Status: Installed two days ago, OK. Cyclic NTP Update does only start after it receives a WAN connection. So to set initial time after boot, I added "ntpclient IP of my NTP" into startup.
I don't know if this a wanted behavior or an error. Will just report once, since it does function when WAN is disabled.

just add a IP for NTP server and choose zone...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Last Linux 4.9 build: New Build - 10/14/2023 - r53633

Current release: New Build - 02/02/2024 - r55052

Apple has broken their own OS by creating a proprietary implementation of Samba, and the wireless issues are no longer. Unfortunately, because of the nature of Apple's business model, support for their devices is going to face challenges due to licensing.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
sunrise495
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 23:22    Post subject: Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r53633 std (10/14/23) = Good for Apple Reply with quote
As for me....

I currently have a 3200 as my router, and an 1900 as an access point in my house. Between the iPad's, apple TV's, iPhones, Old iMac, different printers, and a shared thumb drive for storage, no one in the house is complaining to me, and maxing out on my fiber connection using Wi-Fi, or very close, 300 down / 300 up.

Its funny how my Wi-Fi is faster then my hard wire connections because of 10/100 network connections on the device..... In the beginning it was hard for me to abandon the hard wire for Wi-Fi, but speed test don't lie... ping goes up with Wi-Fi. My son's gaming rig is hardwire with gig. and the ping is 1... So wire still has its place.

You do need to tweak the Wi-Fi setting to get to the higher speeds. Some users post their Wi-Fi settings on there signature for the router they have.... made a very big difference using their settings.... FYI.

My 2 sons both have a 1900 with said firmware in their apartments.... both using iPhones and iMac for work.... teams meetings etc.... No complaints... Maxing out there ISP connection.

The DD-WRT solution completes my world..... The Wireguard VPN is also very useful, along with pointing to a different dns (dns leaks).

You can also schedule your router to restart once a week... Never hurts.

I can't speak to your environment, but for me r53633, using the old kernel, does it for me.

Good luck
sunrise495
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 23:25    Post subject: Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r53633 std (10/14/23) = Good for Apple Reply with quote
As for me....

I currently have a 3200 as my router, and an 1900 as an access point in my house. Between the iPad's, apple TV's, iPhones, Old iMac, different printers, and a shared thumb drive for storage, no one in the house is complaining to me, and maxing out on my fiber connection using Wi-Fi, or very close, 300 down / 300 up.

Its funny how my Wi-Fi is faster then my hard wire connections because of 10/100 network connections on the device..... In the beginning it was hard for me to abandon the hard wire for Wi-Fi, but speed test don't lie... ping goes up with Wi-Fi. My son's gaming rig is hardwire with gig. and the ping is 1... So wire still has its place.

You do need to tweak the Wi-Fi setting to get to the higher speeds. Some users post their Wi-Fi settings on there signature for the router they have.... made a very big difference using their settings.... FYI.

My 2 sons both have a 1900 with said firmware in their apartments.... both using iPhones and iMac for work.... teams meetings etc.... No complaints... Maxing out there ISP connection.

The DD-WRT solution completes my world..... The Wireguard VPN is also very useful, along with pointing to a different dns (dns leaks).

You can also schedule your router to restart once a week... Never hurts.

I can't speak to your environment, but for me r53633, using the old kernel, does it for me.

Good luck
giles02134
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Excellent information - thanks so much1
Regards,
Greg

ISP: Verizon Fios
NAS: ReadyNas314
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: