Will this work to keep hostnames in DHCP Client list

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Bdidy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 18:25    Post subject: Will this work to keep hostnames in DHCP Client list Reply with quote
Ok I am having some difficulty making this work, maybe it won't. What if under Keep Alive Watchdog, on any edge routers, you listed your main routers ip. Would this be enough to keep all of your edge routers hostnames listed in the Client DHCP list if interval was 2 min ? Shouldn't this work ? I have not tried it yet, (too many people active on network), but shouldn't this work ?
Sponsor
Bdidy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry, shouldn't this keep entries in your main routers client DHCP list by turning on watchdog on the edge routers.
Bdidy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, the answer is no, but I don't know why. I know it wasn't intended for this but I thought it might generate enough traffic to keep the edge routers Hostname in the Main routers DHCP client list. No Joy though.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
If the connected routers serving as wired APs are set to static IPs on each router and are configured as wired APs or switches per the wiki, all you will see is a (*), no hostnames, just IP addresses, no matter what you do - on any of the routers. The client list should refresh on it's own. This is known behavior.

This topic is locked, not going to have two topics about the same thing running amok.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=328040

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: