Gateworks Avillia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
jac1d
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 17:36    Post subject: Gateworks Avillia Reply with quote
Hi Folks,

While I don't have the boards in hand yet, I just want to say that I've been dealing with Ron @ www.GateWorks.com, the firm that makes the Avilia Network Processors:

http://www.gateworks.com/avila_processors.htm

My project calls for 1500-2000 DD-WRT routers that will be mounted in high heat/humidity conditions outside. The guys at GateWorks have offered up their 1 port unit and I have purchased a few to test with. I also bought from for BrainSlayer to work with. Mine differ from the one on the site as we upped the flash to 16MB so we could run the build BS had done for the larger 2 and 4 port boards.

In fact, the guys at GateWorks pre-loaded DD-WRT and even made some suggestions on how to make it work better on their gear.

These guys are quick, knowledgeable and very interested in working with the DD-WRT community. As well their boards are relatively affordable given the size and performance.

I'll post more details on my hands on experience as time passes, but so far they look like a great partner for a commercial project based on DD-WRT.

-Jeff
Sponsor
jac1d
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
My boards have arrived, along with a very complete developer kit, docs and cables. So far so good. They should have been pre-loaded with DD-WRT so I hope to fire them up tomorrow in the enclosre and take them for a spin.

I'll post more details soon, but quality looks excellent so far.

-Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: