email? vis-a-vis registration

Gene Heskett
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 16:00    Post subject: email? vis-a-vis registration Reply with quote
Hi Brian;

Your policy states that one wireless card can be used free.

I considered donating, but due to past experience with payal, do not use an account I had back in about 1999 anymore. I also tried to setup a transfer through moneybrokers, but their web page refused to accept my place of residence as a valid address. I've sent them an email, but in 5 or 6 business days since, I've gotten no reply.

I sent you an email about 10 days ago, requesting a note to advise me when you were back from holiday so that I could install the registered version and begin to use the atheros card I've now installed.

Is this now an automated process that I can go ahead and do? Or is there some other problem I need to address?

soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
no you just need to write me and if i received it i also answered to it. i always answer to all emails. from the policies its not restricted to the wireless cards. you can also use 10 wireless cards in one x86 unit. i just give out one key for free if someone asks me. but in all cases i need your system key first which will be displayed after you installed the registered version

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:15    Post subject: registration key Reply with quote
The number has been sent to info@dd-wrt.com.

Thanks.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Gene Heskett
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I take it that info@dd-wrt.com is an ignored address? You seem to be claiming that I didn't email you before, and thats where I sent the initial query. Perhaps both messages have gone to that great bit-bucket on the floor behind the sky?

Please advise of the correct address to send the number string now being displayed.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
info@dd-wrt.com is right. i got the mail. and i will answer now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 22:40    Post subject: upgrades advisory on x86 builds heads up Reply with quote
specifically, either the webupgrade_vga_full.image or the upgrade .bin for date 2007-01-09 hose it, as in apparently a crash.

I can install them, reboot or powerup depending on how the cf card was written, and start a ping to watch for bootup, get maybe 3 at about the 40th in the sequence, and it goes away again, locking up the shell here I had the ping running in. Ditto for a shell that was ssh'd into it and forgotten about, but thats expected.

I've reinstalled the 2006-12-21 full_vga.image version with dd now and its back among the living, and I've just downloaded the 2007-01-05 dated full_vga versions to see if they will work. I'll let you know via this when I've done that.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Gene Heskett
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 0:52    Post subject: x86 newer than 12-21-2006 fails Reply with quote
I have now tried all versions newer than 12-21-2006 here, without success.

System details:
AMD K6, running at about 430 mhz, rated for 600.
lspci:
00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8501 [Apollo MVP4] (rev 04)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8501 [Apollo MVP4 AGP]
00:07.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super South] (rev 22)
00:07.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT823x/A/C PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 10)
00:07.4 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super ACPI] (rev 30)
00:08.0 Ethernet controller: D-Link System Inc RTL8139 Ethernet (rev 10)
00:09.0 Ethernet controller: ADMtek NC100 Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100 (rev 11)
00:0a.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212 802.11abg NIC (rev 01)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Trident Microsystems CyberBlade/i7 (rev 5d)

hda is a half gig cf card in an adaptor.

Memory:
free
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 311028 17924 293104 0 2356
Swap: 0 0 0
Total: 311028 17924 293104

I wouldn't mind it so much but getting my lappy to connect has been a very frustrating experience. I don't believe my FC5's /etc/modprobe.conf is exactly right. I just now found that if, after it boots, I remove all traces of bcm43xx and ieee80211 stuffs, load up ndiswrapper, then rmmod it and reload bcm43xx from the cli, then suddenly wlan0 works. I have not re-enabled NetworkManager however. But it appears to remain working when that is restarted.

If anyone has a working copy of their FC5 /etc/modprobe.conf, one that all I have to do is boot and it comes up working, I would be very gratefull.

Thanks.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: