DD-WRT ON LA FONERA... IT'S TIME!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
slitz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
is the wireless mode -> client at this version(v24 fonera) the same as wireless mode -> client bridge at v23?

btw, when joining to a wireless network i got to send ifconfig ath0 up through the comand dialog.
Sponsor
mathilda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 13:07    Post subject: wireless repeater Reply with quote
I have not gotten around to flash my fonera. In the meantime, can anyone here tell me if it is working as a wireless repeater (as the current v24 nightlies do)? That would be awesome!
bogg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 14:34    Post subject: Re: wireless repeater Reply with quote
mathilda wrote:
I have not gotten around to flash my fonera. In the meantime, can anyone here tell me if it is working as a wireless repeater (as the current v24 nightlies do)? That would be awesome!

Doesn't seem like it does. Tried setting it up, but it didn't repeat. I Looked if it was detected as an active AP with Netstumbler and Kismac, but to my surprise it didn't show up. So i'd say that it only supports bridging.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
thats a surprise for me too. normally it should work, but it doesnt. i need to find out why

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
i found the problem and fixed it now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
i found the problem and fixed it now

Oh, great! Smile
Is the fixed version available from somewhere, or are you doing some finishing touches to it before putting it out in public?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
it will be uploaded soon. in this version the resetbutton will work too the first time and webflashing will be possible too for future versions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:25    Post subject: NEWER VERSION!!! Reply with quote
THE LAST VERSION IS FANTASTIC!!!

For the people who has not understood it yet, BrainSlayer has released the version 2006 - 0117 (you can download here: Wink
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fbeta+releases%2Ffonera+builds/

FINALLY WE HAVE THE POSSIBILITY TO DIRECTLY UPDATE THROUGH THE WEB BROWSER AND ALSO OF RESETTING IN CASE OF TROUBLES!!! Razz Twisted Evil Wink

I am too much happy, I swear You! eh eheh eheh eheh eheh Embarassed

dapa
User47
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:35    Post subject: trouble with new version Reply with quote
i just flashed virgin fon to 17 version.
everything looked fine, however when I changed the ssid and disabled ssid broadcast, I can't connect it to any more.. (i manually configured to connect to new ssid)

then I tried to reset it by pressing the reset button at bottom (first tried for 4 seconds, then for around 15 seconds) however nothing happened, and I still can't access the router.
any help would be appreciated..
dapa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi User47,
I haven't tried reset on Fonera, sorry! But if reset is ok (and I think that's it) you have to press reset botton for a 30 seconds and remember that fonera at virgin state not release ip in lan mode but only in wifi mode!

Connect your laptop to http://192.168.1.1 and retry ...

Post news here on your experiences! Rolling Eyes

Dapa
User47
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:51    Post subject: okay was able to recover fine Reply with quote
i pressed the reset button for some time and it reset .. (there was no blinking light which probably misled me into thinking that it did not reset, but actually it did)

however first bug is probably still there..
i changed the ssid to "minime" from default 'dd-wrt' and set ssid broadcast to 'disable'. after that I could not connect to it even though no security was enabled.. (yes, i manually added that ssid in my laptop's config to connect to it)
so for now I am leaving the default ssid and broadcast enabled..

<posting using dd-wrt running on fon> :)

thanks BS and ppl who made this happen..
dapa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
mmmm it will need to check the settings of the broadcast of ssid but it is really too late for me. Confused

It will be the first thing that I will do tomorrow. Wink

Best regards

Dapa
dapa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello to everyones,
I have a question...

Reset button what does it exactly do?
Lately I am making tests with La Fonera (DD-WRT 17-01-07) and it often jams.
When I press the reset button does it restore me all to the initial settings?
Ip of the lan, wireless settings, gateway etc etc?

Many thanks
User47
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
dapa wrote:
Hello to everyones,
I have a question...

Reset button what does it exactly do?
Lately I am making tests with La Fonera (DD-WRT 17-01-07) and it often jams.
When I press the reset button does it restore me all to the initial settings?
Ip of the lan, wireless settings, gateway etc etc?

Many thanks

yes
reset button resets all the settings (including wireless settings)
(i am not an expert so my understanding could be wrong, but it might re initiate the nvram where all settings are stored)
spacemind
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Does any one know's why Fonera only have 63mw of maximum output power ?

thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 39
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: