WRT54GL "vlan" settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Zeryl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 19:10    Post subject: WRT54GL "vlan" settings Reply with quote
Ok, so I don't know if this is a vlan or not, and I searched, but couldn't really come up with good search terms.

I am using v23 SP1, and i'd like to make it where my wireless side is totally isolated from wired, so that they can't talk to each other. Main reason is for security, if someone comprimies my SSID and Password, i'd like to remain fairly safe on the wired side.

Would this be a vlan? If so, how would I set this up, or what is a good search string to use to find the answer.

Thanks for the great firmware, I love it!
Sponsor
merm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
vlans could work for what you want, but vlans don't work on the GUI with DD-WRT it's broken.
Bacchanal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:27    Post subject: Wouldn't AP isolation feature do what you're looking for? Reply with quote
If your wireless clients don't need to see each other, but rather, only need to see the internet...while your wired clients do whatever they want...then AP isolation under wireless/advanced is the way to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: