TL-WR1043ND v1.8, 16454, and SuperChannel ?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
n00b
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:07    Post subject: TL-WR1043ND v1.8, 16454, and SuperChannel ?!? Reply with quote
Okay, these were the specs:

TL-WR1043ND
Hardware Version: v1.8

DD-WRT
Software Version: 16454

The basic installation went flawlessly, and the "standard" version of DD-WRT seemed to work just fine, at around 130mbs.

But I didn't have much luck upgrading to SuperChannel.

After entering the SuperChannel activation key, the automatic [software] reboot didn't seem to change anything.

So I performed a hard reboot, by disconnecting the power for a while [then reconnecting it], and, on that second reboot, I briefly saw the options for 5GHz and 40MHz.

But then on all subsequent reboots, and all subsequent attempts to re-flash with DD-WRT, I never again saw the 5GHz and 40MHz options - it was as though they had just disappeared into thin air.

So does anyone know whether this hardware/software combination works with SuperChannel?

Or, if not, is there any other way I can get SuperChannel running on hardware version 1.8?

Thanks!
Sponsor
n00b
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello?

Anyone home?

FTR, I am a paying customer...
lceron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
can you guys clear this for me? how can this 2.4 ghz only device perform in 5 ghz like it was mentioned in an earlier post in this topic?
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
cmon this router dont have a 5Ghz wireless chip, because you have seen it 1 time dont mean it have it on board.
Linksys E3200
H3llh0und
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
perhaps we should delete the WIKI...

THIS IS FROM THE WIKI:

Quote:
SuperChannel extension

Do not confuse this with Atheros SuperA/G modes.

SuperChannel increases the number of channels that you can use allowing more Bandwidth to be used (not more speed, be careful not to make this mistake!).

In many places there are many wireless devices operating and it is a bit difficult to configure a robust wireless link without frequency interference. If you have purchased a SuperChannel extension from DD-WRT, then enabling this feature will allow you to access additional frequencies supported by the radio card.

You must take care to operate within your local regulatory requirements. If necessary, you must request a license to operate on licensed frequencies. Be warned that the use of many of these aditional channels will break your regulatory domain requirements in your country and if you were discovered perhaps (surely) you will be penalized.

SuperChannel allows you to use extended channels. In 5 MHz steps you can select any channel from 2.3 - 2.7 GHz and 4.9 - 6.1 GHz. Please be aware that even though the SuperChannel extension shows that these frequencies are available, there are hardware limitations (frequency filters) that may or may not be installed on the radio card which eliminate the possibility of using certain frequencies.

SuperChannel is compatible with Turbo, allowing you to use Turbo mode on any of these extended channels.

SuperChannel bypasses the regulatory domain in all countries, but you still can operate within a regulatory domain by disabling this feature.

Thanks to BrainSlayer for his explanation and remarks about this extension.

(Source: http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Gateworks_Avila_GW234x#SuperChannel_extension )

next time RTFM! or STFW!

NO 5GHz on 2.4GHz hardware - this should be obvious.

Regards
lceron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
thank you, was being sarcastic to clear the silly comment that the 1043n can perform in 5 ghz side. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: