Getting the current up and down bandwidth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
w4rp3d
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 13:21    Post subject: Getting the current up and down bandwidth Reply with quote
Hi,
Im trying to grab the current up and down bandwidth, specifically over the LAN, for use in a script. Ive looked all over the wiki and attempted to look though other scripts but ive been unable to find a way to get them. It must be possible as Status_Bandwidth.asp shows and then plots them.

I know you can get it using snmp but that requires a server to pull them, instead i would like the router to simply pass them in a URL parameter to my web server.

Thanks
Sponsor
w4rp3d
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
O dw, after a couple more hours I found it.

If anyone is interested u can get the amount sent and received by using grep and ifconfig:

RX=`ifconfig br0 | grep "RX bytes:" | cut -d ':' -f2 | cut -d "(" -f1 | tr -d ' '`
TX=`ifconfig br0 | grep "RX bytes:" | cut -d ':' -f3 | cut -d "(" -f1 | tr -d ' '`

If you can get the amount sent then u can get the current by just doing it again and subtracting them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: