NOTICE ABOUT: Atheros WiSOC based Hardware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware

Do you think Atheros WiSOC based Hardware is junk?
So much so, that I could piss razor blades which sounds less painful
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
I might shot myself, but I have a few weeks to work these problems out
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Its okay, I mean I like getting worked over by shit hardware
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
What? Its not that bad at all
34%
 34%  [ 13 ]
Its awesome....
44%
 44%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 38

mcrook
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:29    Post subject: NOTICE ABOUT: Atheros WiSOC based Hardware Reply with quote
Atheros WiSOC based Hardware

DON"T BUY IT!!! I HAVE USED OTHERS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS AND ALONG COMES THIS CRAP.... SPENT ALL WEEKEND AND STILL NOT WORKING THE WAY THE REST WORK!!!!! STAY FAR AWAY, I AM ONLY OUT $20 AND A WEEKEND, DON"T GET CAUGHT WITH THIS GARBAGE!!!!
Sponsor
tutejszy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I own 4 tp-link routers (841,941,1041,1041) in two localizations. They work flawlessly, some already 2 years. Yeah, dd-wrt is not perfect for them, but generally they do what I want from them either on dd-wrt or on original firmware.
If you want decent speed for less money - go for it. It's not Mercedes, but VW Golf lets say Smile You won't get more for money they cost, and really nothing to complain!
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:43    Post subject: Re: NOTICE ABOUT: Atheros WiSOC based Hardware Reply with quote
mcrook wrote:

DON"T BUY IT!!! I HAVE USED OTHERS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS AND ALONG COMES THIS CRAP.... SPENT ALL WEEKEND AND STILL NOT WORKING THE WAY THE REST WORK!!!!! STAY FAR AWAY, I AM ONLY OUT $20 AND A WEEKEND, DON"T GET CAUGHT WITH THIS GARBAGE!!!!

Get the fuck outta here troll, no one made you do any of this but yourself.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have to agree here, iv had nothing but problems with atheros hardware. broadcom all the way from now on for me.
mcrook
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Troll? What? Do I live under a bridge? This is about hardware, and I love DD-WRT mainly because it fully supports WiFi extension mode allowing you to repeat the signal and extending your WLAN.

But since I am a troll, you owe me some money pal... or did you miss use the word? Anyways, I don't have a problem with DD-WRT, just the hardware (*YOU*) claim it supports... which is hardly the case.

Like one of the users said, and said it best, he bought lots and loves Broadcom.

I personally haven't had any issues with Broadcom and will continue with that hardware set as well...

As for you,*tutejszy* why don't you make yourself useful and post this as a sticky so other users can have their say?

Anyways I hope they fix the bridging in the Athero's based AR335W. Right now I can't even connect to the router wirelessly.
dejvid
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 20:05    Post subject: Re: NOTICE ABOUT: Atheros WiSOC based Hardware Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing your frustration and senseless bitching about Atheros HW without giving any specific details. Really valuable post.
mcrook wrote:

Aveyer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Learn how to use the hardware properly.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Go back to the Ralink section thanks.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

mcrook
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did say in one of my posts that:

"Athero's based AR335W"

Of course such a smart person would have read the thread. Anyways, to my point, I have Athero's based Wireless card in my laptop. I have (almost one year old) an HP G61 and so far have had my card replaced 4 times.... in less then a year... Athero's based hardware is a huge discount bargain brand for those who can't afford basic common sense. As for using the hardware properly would be leaving the default firmware which isn't much to speak about either.
dejvid
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Replacing 4 times a year? Seems to be a problem caused by the motherboard rather than the card itself.

I have naver had any problems with Atheros devices, I use them at home and at work, I have sold many of them to various customers, nobody complained.

Your problem is just that you don't want any solution, you just want to bitch about Atheros. You say you bought 4 Atheros cards and all of them died. Then why the hell didn't you try another brand (or just try any solution rather then blindly buying the same device again and again)? That's like banging your head against the wall and then bitching about how it hurts.

As for your AR335W: I don't understand why you buy shitty product with shitty firmware and then bitch about it. DD-WRT does not work properly on the device? Bad luck. DD-WRT comes for free and nothing is guaranteed. You just get what you paid for, try to understand it. I use Atheros devices with and without DD-WRT, no problems.

BTW. stating that Atheros devices are the cheapest piece of crap is just bullshit. Even expensive routers like WNDR3700 use Atheros. Either try to use your head to think instead of banging it against that wall or just get out of here.
mcrook wrote:
I did say in one of my posts that:

"Athero's based AR335W"

Of course such a smart person would have read the thread. Anyways, to my point, I have Athero's based Wireless card in my laptop. I have (almost one year old) an HP G61 and so far have had my card replaced 4 times.... in less then a year... Athero's based hardware is a huge discount bargain brand for those who can't afford basic common sense. As for using the hardware properly would be leaving the default firmware which isn't much to speak about either.
mcrook
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
As for replacing it four times a year, well I did state that my laptop was less then a year old, so the internal wireless card would be covered, please don't insult me like that....

I have tried every solution on this god damn forum you idoit, and NOTHING works... the bridging function is broken and this wasn't the first time, so I made a thread and a fun poll instead of bitching... and yeah, I ONLY CAME HERE BITCHING AFTER I TRIED EVERYTHING...

Quote:
"As for your AR335W: I don't understand why you buy shitty product with shitty firmware and then bitch about it. DD-WRT does not work properly on the device? Bad luck. DD-WRT comes for free and nothing is guaranteed. You just get what you paid for, try to understand it. I use Atheros devices with and without DD-WRT, no problems."

Well I got it for nothing, so no big loss.

Quote:
"BTW. stating that Atheros devices are the cheapest piece of crap is just bullshit. Even expensive routers like WNDR3700 use Atheros. Either try to use your head to think instead of banging it against that wall or just get out of here. "

Hey, just because your stupid and over pay for shitty hardware is your RIGHT, but please, don't rub my nose in it, just makes you look more stupid.
dejvid
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just as I said. You get what you paid for. Cheap laptop often equals problems like that.

You got the router for free and you whine about it. I paid for my routers. They are TP-Link TL-WR1043ND and WNDR3700v2. And guess what - bridge mode works, I never need to reboot the routers. I have 18MBps over wifi. In my eyes it is a pretty good piece of hardware. So I don't feel like I overpaid.

Bye.
mcrook wrote:
As for replacing it four times a year, well I did state that my laptop was less then a year old, so the internal wireless card would be covered, please don't insult me like that....

I have tried every solution on this god damn forum you idoit, and NOTHING works... the bridging function is broken and this wasn't the first time, so I made a thread and a fun poll instead of bitching... and yeah, I ONLY CAME HERE BITCHING AFTER I TRIED EVERYTHING...

Quote:
"As for your AR335W: I don't understand why you buy shitty product with shitty firmware and then bitch about it. DD-WRT does not work properly on the device? Bad luck. DD-WRT comes for free and nothing is guaranteed. You just get what you paid for, try to understand it. I use Atheros devices with and without DD-WRT, no problems."

Well I got it for nothing, so no big loss.

Quote:
"BTW. stating that Atheros devices are the cheapest piece of crap is just bullshit. Even expensive routers like WNDR3700 use Atheros. Either try to use your head to think instead of banging it against that wall or just get out of here. "

Hey, just because your stupid and over pay for shitty hardware is your RIGHT, but please, don't rub my nose in it, just makes you look more stupid.
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I voted for awesome. on 20 March(screen shot) I tested my wifi by seeding a few random torrents. No complaints here
meocene
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
58GB's... is that all?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well---as soon as I got rid of the **ap firmware & switched to DD-WRT, my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH turned into a "real" unit---maybe because the stock firmware was so bad it looks much better...but I went from a unit that hardly worked at all to one that runs my house's needs very well.....Not as impressive as your shots, but for a unit that is supposedly "junk"........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: