Belkin F7D8302v1 / F7D4302 v1 Serial Recovery Sollution

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Laurelwood
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:13    Post subject: the OEM image (1.00.28) not working well Reply with quote
I thought I was done with the F7D8302 thus took off the uart wires and closed the box. But, not yet!
In my searching for a good build through trial-err, I often ran into glitches, like topic 319072.
The good thing is, every time when things got messed up, the CFE Web page was always there, although it's really time consuming to get some results.
Later I realized even the OEM image could also get into a bad state, neither telnet nor browser worked, with red light blinking. In that situation I had to hook on the serial port again. It turned out that during the OEM image boot up, there were several prompts showing up in console log after device booted into Linux:
Code:
Hit enter to continue...

If I just leave it, the router will ended up at the red light blinking state. If I hit "enter" key after one of these prompts, the router would skip some steps and get into busybox. If it's too early then the network is not up. If it's in late stage but before the end, the router will stay in a "good" state, then the green light keeps on and telnet/web page works.

I didn't see these behaviors before thus I assume it's somehow related with the uncleared nvram reminders. So when the router was still in "good" status, I loaded dd-wrt.v24-33772_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_f7d8302.bin then did a "erase nvram && reboot". Now I've got a dd-wrt mini build loaded.
Sponsor
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: