TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND Version 1.8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should I upgrade my TL-WR1043ND 1.8 to DD-WRT?
yes, unleash it!
62%
 62%  [ 54 ]
no, it doen't work!
17%
 17%  [ 15 ]
no, wait for official firmware for 1.8!
20%
 20%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 87

Author Message
GugaJedi
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Mar 2011
Posts: 20
Location: São Paulo, BR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:30    Post subject: TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND Version 1.8 Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I own a TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND but my hw version is 1.8, and in the router database says that only 1.1 and 1.4 is supported, but i searched a bit inside forum and find that some users are using 1.8 normally, my doubt is that the USB port with a external hd will work as normally as it work on stock firmware and if will have any problem at all to upgrade my 1.8 version to DD-WRT. Does it have any incompatibility problem? I have Cable broadband with DHCP. All my wi-fi devices are N but the cell phone. I'm a bit afraid to upgrade and burn the router down.
Sponsor
dejvid
DD-WRT User


Joined: 26 Sep 2010
Posts: 94

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 13:40    Post subject: Re: TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND Version 1.8 Reply with quote
I own 1.4 and 1.6. Both versions work with DD-WRT. According to OpenWRT WIKI there are only minor changes between the revisions. If I were you I would give it a try.

UPDATE: In fact I saw a post somewhere in the thread regarding the latest DD-WRT version where somebody actually speaks about using rev. 1.8 so it is supported.

GugaJedi wrote:
Hi everyone, I own a TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND but my hw version is 1.8, and in the router database says that only 1.1 and 1.4 is supported, but i searched a bit inside forum and find that some users are using 1.8 normally, my doubt is that the USB port with a external hd will work as normally as it work on stock firmware and if will have any problem at all to upgrade my 1.8 version to DD-WRT. Does it have any incompatibility problem? I have Cable broadband with DHCP. All my wi-fi devices are N but the cell phone. I'm a bit afraid to upgrade and burn the router down.
GugaJedi
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Mar 2011
Posts: 20
Location: São Paulo, BR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 21:42    Post subject: Re: TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND Version 1.8 Reply with quote
dejvid wrote:
I own 1.4 and 1.6. Both versions work with DD-WRT. According to OpenWRT WIKI there are only minor changes between the revisions. If I were you I would give it a try.

UPDATE: In fact I saw a post somewhere in the thread regarding the latest DD-WRT version where somebody actually speaks about using rev. 1.8 so it is supported.


Do you know something about DD-WRT blocks XBOX 360 connection with Windows Media Center, I ask that because when I used a D-Link DIR-300 with DD-WRT my XBOX couldn't connect to Media Center. I'm thinking on given a try to the DD-WTR on my TL-WR1043ND but still a bit afraid to broke it.
dejvid
DD-WRT User


Joined: 26 Sep 2010
Posts: 94

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 0:03    Post subject: Re: TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND Version 1.8 Reply with quote
I don't own XBOX 360 but I doubt that DD-WRT would be blocking the traffic. I guess it would be a matter of configuration.

GugaJedi wrote:
dejvid wrote:
I own 1.4 and 1.6. Both versions work with DD-WRT. According to OpenWRT WIKI there are only minor changes between the revisions. If I were you I would give it a try.

UPDATE: In fact I saw a post somewhere in the thread regarding the latest DD-WRT version where somebody actually speaks about using rev. 1.8 so it is supported.


Do you know something about DD-WRT blocks XBOX 360 connection with Windows Media Center, I ask that because when I used a D-Link DIR-300 with DD-WRT my XBOX couldn't connect to Media Center. I'm thinking on given a try to the DD-WTR on my TL-WR1043ND but still a bit afraid to broke it.
xabolcs
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
one of my 1043nd is v1.8 and it works* with the router database's version.


now i am searching for recommended atheros builds. :)




works = able to mount a pendrive and list it's content; able to dial-in with pppoe; serve 2 wlan client (a g and an n client)
GugaJedi
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Mar 2011
Posts: 20
Location: São Paulo, BR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
xabolcs wrote:
one of my 1043nd is v1.8 and it works* with the router database's version.


now i am searching for recommended atheros builds. :)




works = able to mount a pendrive and list it's content; able to dial-in with pppoe; serve 2 wlan client (a g and an n client)


After I install the DD-WRT on my WR1043ND the system is too slow, I need to F5 every change of option, every change of page. What should I do? When I had the DD-WRT on a DIR-300 it was Ok! Now my WR1043ND is to SLOW!!! Really slow!!!
GugaJedi
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Mar 2011
Posts: 20
Location: São Paulo, BR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys! The problems with the slow load of the pages is solved, I did configured the router to HTTPS and it start to work normally, mas problems now is how to put the WiFi to work as N again, because when I was using the stock firmware it was OK! And then after upgrade to DD-WRT it only aperate in G mode. Other thing is how to mount a NTFS disk, because the stock firmware did reconise the NTFS disk... FAT32 is SHIT!
liuroot
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 03 Apr 2011
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 0:13    Post subject: work like a charm Reply with quote
i just brought a 1.8 version, and it worked like a charm!

Very Happy
n00b
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I couldn't get SuperChannel to work:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=90586
GugaJedi
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Mar 2011
Posts: 20
Location: São Paulo, BR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:48    Post subject: Re: work like a charm Reply with quote
liuroot wrote:
i just brought a 1.8 version, and it worked like a charm!

Very Happy


Does the WiFi work on N protocol or just G??? Because I'm not been able to operate N mode.

Other thing: Does your router load the pages properly when accessing thru HTTP? Because my only load the pages properly when accessing thru HTTPS. Thru HTTP it take lot of time to load a page and I need to refresh the page many times to load it.
n00b
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 14:23    Post subject: Re: work like a charm Reply with quote
GugaJedi wrote:
Does the WiFi work on N protocol or just G??? Because I'm not been able to operate N mode.

I purchased SuperChannel [the upgrade to 5GHz/40MHz], which should give "300mbps N", but I couldn't get it to work.

It seemed to be akin to the "does not remember changes in settings" bug which I saw in the other thread.

As though - for some reason - the OS is unable to permanently alter its own configuration & configuration files.

However, "2GHz/20MHz" = "130mbps N" seemed to work just fine for me.
GugaJedi
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Mar 2011
Posts: 20
Location: São Paulo, BR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 17:00    Post subject: Re: work like a charm Reply with quote
n00b wrote:
GugaJedi wrote:
Does the WiFi work on N protocol or just G??? Because I'm not been able to operate N mode.

I purchased SuperChannel [the upgrade to 5GHz/40MHz], which should give "300mbps N", but I couldn't get it to work.

It seemed to be akin to the "does not remember changes in settings" bug which I saw in the other thread.

As though - for some reason - the OS is unable to permanently alter its own configuration & configuration files.

However, "2GHz/20MHz" = "130mbps N" seemed to work just fine for me.


So, if I understand what you say:

- I have to purchase SuperChannel to have my Router to provide WiFi N channel? If its true, I'll go back to stock firmware because I've already bought the router, and one of the things that made me bought this model was the WiFi N, just because the XBox 360S is N.

The other thing that's annoying myself is the fact that the HTTP protocol is to slow to load the pages. I'm using HTTPS, but that option doesn't let me update firmware or backup configuration.
n00b
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 20:26    Post subject: Re: work like a charm Reply with quote
GugaJedi wrote:
So, if I understand what you say:

- I have to purchase SuperChannel to have my Router to provide WiFi N channel?

Out of the box, DD-WRT supports "slow" 802.11n, at 130mbps [2GHz bandwidth, 20MHz channels].

If you want to get "fast" 802.11n, at 300mbps [5GHz bandwidth, 40MHz channels], then [at least in theory] you have to purchase DD-WRT's "SuperChannel" upgrade.

However, even after I purchased "SuperChannel", I still couldn't get the 5GHz/40MHz stuff to load.

But if you are happy surfing at 130mbps, then DD-WRT is a vastly superior product to the stock firmware [especially considering that the stock firmware was written by a bunch of Chinese Communists, who, for all we know, could be operatives of the Red Army].
GugaJedi
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Mar 2011
Posts: 20
Location: São Paulo, BR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:14    Post subject: Re: work like a charm Reply with quote
n00b wrote:
GugaJedi wrote:
So, if I understand what you say:

- I have to purchase SuperChannel to have my Router to provide WiFi N channel?

Out of the box, DD-WRT supports "slow" 802.11n, at 130mbps [2GHz bandwidth, 20MHz channels].

If you want to get "fast" 802.11n, at 300mbps [5GHz bandwidth, 40MHz channels], then [at least in theory] you have to purchase DD-WRT's "SuperChannel" upgrade.

However, even after I purchased "SuperChannel", I still couldn't get the 5GHz/40MHz stuff to load.

But if you are happy surfing at 130mbps, then DD-WRT is a vastly superior product to the stock firmware [especially considering that the stock firmware was written by a bunch of Chinese Communists, who, for all we know, could be operatives of the Red Army].


About the chinese and they political view I don't meter, I only meter about my Router that are a N router and know is operating like a G router... I don't want to purchase any thing, I only want to operate on N mode!

I thinking on going back to stock... because it isn't working like it should... The configuration pages takes lots of time to load when accessing thru HTTP, I only can access with a good load response when using HTTPS.

It isn't working how it should!!!

_________________
Desktop: EVGA nForce 750i Sli FTW 175 | 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066Mhz (2x 2GB) | 1TB Seagate (2x 500G Raid 0) | DVD-RW PIONNER 212D SATA | Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz | Corsair TX750W CMPSU-750TX | Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced | ZOTAC nVidia GTX 260² 896/448 | Samsung 2232BW 22" | Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Notebook: Dell Inspiron 1525 | Core 2 Duo T5750 2GHz | 320GB Samsung | 4GB Corsair DDR2 | Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset | Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit
Console: XBox 360S | 250GB | 512MB GDDR3 | Custom ATI 10MB DRAM 500Mhz | Custom IBM 3 Core @ 3.2GHz each 1MB L2 Cache | High Definition Support | XBox Live Gametag: GugaJedi
n00b
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:36    Post subject: Re: work like a charm Reply with quote
GugaJedi wrote:
About the chinese and they political view I don't meter

If you don't mind using Communist Chinese Red Army software, then why bother with DD-WRT?

The box works fine at 300 mbps using stock firmware.

So let the Red Army sniff all your traffic - who cares?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum