Repeater mode while tunneling

stux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 19:27    Post subject: Repeater mode while tunneling Reply with quote
Sash will probably rip me for this, but I found the same question asked two other places unanswered.

I have a T-Home Speedport router in the bedroom and do not want to pay D Telekom 100 Euro to move it. Which means I have my linksys in the livingroom in repeater mode with my NAS, PC, and other devices dangling off of it. I have a Roku box in the mail that I will want to set up in the living room and tunnel through a U.S. proxy.

Is it possible to make this work, or will I need to by another router that will run DD WRT, or atleast repeater mode?

An answer to this question, or any ideas on how to do this better would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes it is possible to tunnel while in repeater mode and there's nothing different to configure for the tunnel.
stux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I could not figure out how to do it, so I put the router in Client mode so that I would have access to the WAN settings.

One of the Strong VPN guys told me to create a different subnet under the WAN routing for the physical ports on the Router. That seemed to work.

This weekend I will play with the IP routes to try and make only two static IP's use the tunnel.

Sorry if I am explaining this poorly, I am a complete amateur and was hoping this would be easier. I understand people are doing this for free, but some of the responses really do not help so much.

This is also one of the reasons people never really get into Linux.

I do truely appreciate that people went through all this effort. I am just saying it is still pretty hard for people like me to use. Maybe I am not the target audience though.

Thank you for creating such cool firmware for an otherwise lame router!
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
stux wrote:
I could not figure out how to do it, so I put the router in Client mode so that I would have access to the WAN settings.

Huh? Repeater mode has WAN settings too. Did you really mean RB or WDS mode instead?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: