Confused Re: dd-wrt build to use

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
John Ford
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 16:17    Post subject: Confused Re: dd-wrt build to use Reply with quote
I'm using a WRT54GL V1.0 router and am currently using
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) std (SVN revision 13064)

I read on this sticky http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486 that I should not be using this build but newer more recent builds from brainslayer and not from the recommended builds in the database.

In scanning through the Brainslayer builds I was unable to find the model number of my router. I was able to find a version that seems more generic for Broadcom chipsets at this address ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom/

Will these builds work or should I look elsewhere?
Sponsor
John Ford
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm running the standard version of 13064 build. Should I install the mini first then the standard generic of the 14929?
Zelda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
No. If you have already flashed your device, which by reading your post, you were right. You need to use the file you posted. Make sure you dont select a file thats bigger than your Flash. Yours is 4MB. So the Standard version works.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
You don't need a trailed build once dd-wrt is installed on your router. See the peacock announcement note 4 for further information.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
John Ford
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks to all. I performed the upgrade of software to the DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) std (SVN revision 14929) build. So far so good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: