TEW-632BRP slows to a crawl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
ad1c
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 22:02    Post subject: TEW-632BRP slows to a crawl Reply with quote
We have a semi-regular problem at our house. We have a TrendNet TEW-632BRP router with the DD-WRT SP2 firmware running. This router runs fine 99% of the time, and has the best 801.11n connectivity of any router I've tried.

Normally two or three devices connect wirelessly: MacBook Pro (N), basement computer (N) and a WET54G for our DirecTV DVR (G).

If an 801.11g device is introduced on the wireless network, sometimes the network will slow to a crawl, even if that device isn't there anymore. To a crawl means the Wireless-N devices, instead of getting 130MB/s, get something 1MB/s. This makes them unusable. For example, last night, all was fine, until I think, I activated the WiFi on my Android cell phone. This afternoon I got a note from my wife saying her laptop has a VERY slow network connection. If you power off the router and power it back on again, the problem goes away.

Has anyone else seen anything similar? Could there be a setting on my router that could be causing this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: