[Split] Compiling DD-WRT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to let you know, the newer kernel is now compiling and booting fine for me after the recent update of the wireless driver.
Sponsor
frater
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
where's my virtual machine? Laughing
Asterisk, pixelserv & Pound running on router
Another Asus RT16N as WDS-bridge

DD-WRT v24-sp2 vpn (c) 2010 NewMedia-NET GmbH
Release: 12/16/10 (SVN revision: 15758M)
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not sure how but it's already up to 15GB even though it's a selective checkout and on my crappy connection it would take a week to upload so I'll probably just be uploading scripts instead. If I do upload a VM then I would want it to work for all k2.4 and k2.6 versions but currently I've only built k2.6 mini. If you follow the dev wiki page to install all the required tools then I'll give you my current scripts that clean up the problems with the sources.
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ P~ Are you updating the wiki as you go? Does it also cover 32bit windows (7 or XP)?

EDIT: This is compiling from source right?

Testing Multiple Routers -- Bootloader Collection Project -- My Wiki
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 17:17    Post subject: Compiling DD-WRT Source Reply with quote
I have been compiling dd-wrt source on debian x64, I am interested mainly in broadcom source as well, and I think making a virtualbox in windows x64bit running debian x-64 should work fine. Another positive side is you can save your virtualbox and have clean enviorment,

Phusi0n if you would like to pm a link to your scripts I can see what I can do to create a virtualbox and share it for rest to DL.

Fractal
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I blew up upnp from a minor change commenting out 2 lines that save/delete the nvram variables. Even after deleting the entire upnp directory and checking it out again, I still get the same error. I have no idea how to fix it. Confused

make[3]: Entering directory `/media/extra/DD-WRT/src/router/upnp/src'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/media/extra/DD-WRT/src/router/upnp/src'
mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc -Os -pipe -mips32 -mtune=mips32 -funit-at-a-time -Os -s -D__BCMIGD__ -Os -DNDEBUG -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wl,--gc-sections -I/media/extra/DD-WRT/src/router/upnp/src/linux -I/media/extra/DD-WRT/src/router/upnp/device -I/media/extra/DD-WRT/src/router/upnp/include -I/media/extra/DD-WRT/src/router/upnp/device/InternetGatewayDevice -I/media/extra/DD-WRT/src/router/upnp/device/WFADevice -I/media/extra/DD-WRT/src/include.v24 -I/media/extra/DD-WRT/src/router/shared -I/media/extra/DD-WRT/src/wps/common/include -Wall -Wunused -o obj/linux_osl.o -c linux_osl.c
In file included from /media/extra/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc4.1.2/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-linux-uclibc/4.1.2/../../../../mipsel-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/posix_types.h:4,
from /media/extra/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc4.1.2/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-linux-uclibc/4.1.2/../../../../mipsel-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/types.h:22,
from /media/extra/DD-WRT/src/include.v24/typedefs.h:147,
from /media/extra/DD-WRT/src/router/shared/netconf.h:23,
from /media/extra/DD-WRT/src/router/shared/nvparse.h:17,
from linux_osl.c:39:
/media/extra/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc4.1.2/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-linux-uclibc/4.1.2/../../../../mipsel-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/stddef.h:16: error: expected identifier before numeric constant
linux_osl.c: In function 'upnp_osl_primary_lanmac':
linux_osl.c:67: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'get_lan_mac' differ in signedness
linux_osl.c: In function 'get_lan_mac':
linux_osl.c:811: warning: pointer targets in initialization differ in signedness
linux_osl.c:819: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'ether_atoe' differ in signedness
make[2]: *** [obj/linux_osl.o] Error 1

phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's my scripts so far. The only things missing to build k2.6 mini that I'm aware of are:
- getting the toolchains
- making a link from /opt/4.1.2 to the toolchain (or modifying the PATH with the path to your toolchain)
- making ~/dd-wrt/GruppenLW and linking it to ~/DD-WRT/image or modifying the script to copy builds wherever you want them to end up.

phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I got tired of VMware Server lagging my system every time I used SVN in my VM and I made a complete new VM in VirtualBox. VirtualBox is giving me much better performance now. I'm getting the same error building upnp in the new VM even when I revert to an old revision that worked for me before, so I think it must be updates to the build tools in Ubuntu 10.04 that are breaking upnp and it just happened to break something I was trying to work on. Mad Laughing

I noticed that in my last set of scripts I accidentally left a reference to linux-2.6.23-HEAD instead of linux-2.6.23 because I was keeping two copies of the kernel before. Since I completely redid everything fresh for the new VM, I also updated the scripts to do more. Here's a new set of scripts and some instructions.

- create a user named "seg" to use for building and log in as seg
- mkdir ~/DEV
- extract the scripts to ~/DEV
- give the scripts execution privileges (use your OS GUI or chmod +x [filename])
- run the scripts in order ./00*; ./01*; ./02*; ./k26mini.sh
- pray your build tools build it without errors
- pray the build doesn't brick your router (be prepared to use serial/jtag!)

m00nman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Could anybody share a working VM? I'll help to seed Smile

Nethear R6300 v2 - Latest Kong dd-wrt always
Linksys E3000 - Latest dd-wrt always
Asus RT-N56U - OpenWRT trunk
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 15:02    Post subject: Virtualbox almost ready Reply with quote
Phuzi0n, Others

I have virtualbox all setup with ubuntu 10.10 and I am getting the same upnp error, were u able to find the source of the problem... Below is the code output. EDIT: Once I get this working I will be happy to share and let someone seed if they like.

Thanks
Fractal

Code:

linux_osl.c:811: warning: pointer targets in initialization differ in signedness
linux_osl.c:819: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'ether_atoe' differ in signedness
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/compiler/DD-WRT/src/router/upnp/src/linux'
make[1]: *** [upnp] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/compiler/DD-WRT/src/router/upnp'
make: *** [upnp] Error 2
cp: cannot stat `dd-wrt.v24-K26.trx': No such file or directory
</code>
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
No I actually rebuilt the VM a 3rd time and tried upgrading Ubuntu 10.04 to 10.10 but had the same problem. I think I'll try another distro next.
fggs
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would try Debian Squeeze x64 or OpenSuSe x64, just a suggestion though..

Debian Wheezy is the current "testing" version.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 14:32    Post subject: Upnp Error Reply with quote
I now have virtualbox runing Debian X64 Version 6.0.1a

Uname -a shows

Linux broadcom 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Mar 7 21:35:22 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I can confirm that compile still dies on upnp, I am using the toolchains from dd-wrt source 4.1.2

here is the code where it does.

Code:

linux_osl.c: In function 'upnp_osl_primary_lanmac':
linux_osl.c:67: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'get_lan_mac' differ in signedness
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/compiler/DEV/DD-WRT/src/router/upnp/src/linux'
make[1]: *** [upnp] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/compiler/DEV/DD-WRT/src/router/upnp'
make: *** [upnp] Error 2
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would like to add this is the same place it dies in ubuntu 10.10. I am open to try any other unix distros but I am wondering if there is something overlooked.

Fractal
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 14:43    Post subject: -Update- Reply with quote
ok, I think I found the problem using toolchain 4.1.2 is it, linking /opt to a different toolchain using mipsel-4.1.2-broadcom24 it works to the point listed below about atheros, I have to find where the config tries atheros and comment it out.

below is the code.

Code:

drivers/net/wireless/Kconfig:564: can't open file "drivers/net/wireless/madwifi/Kconfig"
make[2]: *** [oldconfig] Error 1
make[1]: *** [oldconfig] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/compiler/DEV/DD-WRT/src/linux/brcm/linux-2.6.23'
make: *** [kernel] Error 2

EDIT: FIX

edit linux/brcm/linux-2.6.23/drivers/net/wireless/Kconfig

comment out this line at the end

# Source Madwifi xxxxx
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23, 24, 25  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 25
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: