SD/MMC mod without CS (chip select)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
prdufresne
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:20    Post subject: SD/MMC mod without CS (chip select) Reply with quote
I'm trying to complete the SD/MMC mod on a WRT54G2 v1 and am unable to find GPIO 7 which is supposed to be used for CS (chip select).

However, I read in the wiki page below that CS is optional, and can be pulled low by connecting it to ground, but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WHR-G54S_and_WHR-HP-G54_SD/MMC_mod#Finding_general_IO_output_points

I have verified GPIO 2 (DI), 3 (CLK) and 4 (DO) are toggling at the SD card slot when I issue GPIO commands on the router, so I'm confident these are working, and I've attached CS to ground to substitute for GPIO7.

Is my understanding incorrect? Will the SD card modification work without GPIO7 for CS?

I'll keep digging for GPIO7, but no luck so far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: