TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND hw rev. 1.8 and DD-WRT firmware

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
rapsody
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:08    Post subject: Connect on demand Reply with quote
Hi,

Is there any way to configure the PPPOE connection to connect on demand? I don't won't to keep the internet connection on, if not used.

I searched the forum and i found some older posts that say this option was available on dd-wrt firmware some time ago.

Is there any chance to enable this option from some config file. From Web access I didn't find any option.

Thanks
Sponsor
extasy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
Wait patiently for the next beta and it will be OK for every hardware device / revision / serial number etc.

Any news on when it will be released?
yousaf465
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:04    Post subject: Re: Connect on demand Reply with quote
rapsody wrote:
Hi,

Is there any way to configure the PPPOE connection to connect on demand? I don't won't to keep the internet connection on, if not used.

I searched the forum and i found some older posts that say this option was available on dd-wrt firmware some time ago.

Is there any chance to enable this option from some config file. From Web access I didn't find any option.

Thanks

Use gargoyle http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/doku.php?id=basic#gateway_configuration and select On demand.

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/12/12) std
(SVN revision 20119)

TP-link 741ND
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/21/10) std
(SVN revision 15778)

Finding the correct MTU value for your ISP | BrainSlayer Vlan on Atheros
|

debrick Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
yousaf465
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does DD-wrt support all version of this router ?

(SVN revision 20119)

TP-link 741ND
(SVN revision 15778)

|

extasy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
yousaf465 wrote:
Does DD-wrt support all version of this router ?

It seems like it's not supporting v.1.9 and some of the v.1.8 routers at the moment. But according to sources here in the thread it should be supported in the next build, but there is no information when it will be provided.
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
extasy wrote:
It seems like it's not supporting v.1.9 and some of the v.1.8 routers at the moment.

You seem to have understood nothing from what I said several days ago. Didn't you read my post explaining what is not OK with these versions? Or my English is truly awful?
yousaf465
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
extasy wrote:
It seems like it's not supporting v.1.9 and some of the v.1.8 routers at the moment.

You seem to have understood nothing from what I said several days ago. Didn't you read my post explaining what is not OK with these versions? Or my English is truly awful?

calm down, and just point to the post. Smile

I have found it anyway.

(SVN revision 20119)

TP-link 741ND
(SVN revision 15778)

|

mxttie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho, thanks for the info!

anxiously awaiting the new build.. somebody please update this thread on release Smile

ps: the default firmware on this router is utter crap. admin panel does not work after several hours and wifi disconnects clients when doing high speed transfers! (not only the connection but removes the client from the network!)
joobus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got a new 1043ND v1.10 router, SN#1269XXXXXXXX (off of Amazon). At first I used the factory-to-ddwrt, then dd-wrt-webflash from the build on the public webpage, but that build is around 14XXX. My WAN port didn't work.

Reverted to factory with a webrevert image, (WAN works on factory), then did factory-ddwrt, then ddwrt-webflash of the latest build image, version 20119 or something. WAN still didn't work.

Reverted back to factory. Stuck using factory firmware for now. Just FYI.
Induktor
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Checho thank you for the explanations on the 1043 problems (specially the SN 12xxxx thing, I didn't know about, and both of my 1043 are 12xxxx Sad )
I will wait for the next release to test them. (the wireless connection drop is driving me crazy (with the stock firmware))
Bajramo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Induktor wrote:
Checho thank you for the explanations on the 1043 problems (specially the SN 12xxxx thing, I didn't know about, and both of my 1043 are 12xxxx Sad )
I will wait for the next release to test them. (the wireless connection drop is driving me crazy (with the stock firmware))

On my 1043nd ver.1.8 the wireless was droping every 13-14 days.

On DD-wrt the drops are every 2 days.

For now using Gargoyle(Openwrt) for 3 months w/o reboot.

I like the features and ease of use of DD-WRT and waiting for stable build.
Jonjon_Z
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bajramo wrote:

It looks like the fellas over at OpenWRT and Gargoyle have already released a beta with the MAC-spoofing fix while it doesn't look like the DD-WRT devs are even working on it, although thanks to checko there is a ticket.

Say can someone address the bootloader issue at wiki and include the German firmware that doesn't disable WAN at power-up? At least until the new beta comes out. This one extra step worked great for me as well as many others. Otherwise there will be lots more 1043ND owners posting, "Hey I just installed DD-WRT and no WAN!"

http://nearlydeaf.com/?p=1109#more-1109
http://joeyiodice.com/converting-tp-link-tl-wr1043nd-to-dd-wrt
ahendriks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="Jonjon_Z"]
Bajramo wrote:

It looks like the fellas over at OpenWRT and Gargoyle have already released a beta with the MAC-spoofing fix while it doesn't look like the DD-WRT devs are even working on it, although thanks to checko there is a ticket.

The ticked has the status closed, so don't expect the devs to investigate the problem.

It's a hard problemm, and without being fixed by the devs I encourage everyone to switch over to Gargoyle as they did fix the problem.
Bajramo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jonjon_Z wrote:
Bajramo wrote:

Say can someone address the bootloader issue at wiki and include the German firmware that doesn't disable WAN at power-up? At least until the new beta comes out. This one extra step worked great for me as well as many others. Otherwise there will be lots more 1043ND owners posting, "Hey I just installed DD-WRT and no WAN!"

http://nearlydeaf.com/?p=1109#more-1109
http://joeyiodice.com/converting-tp-link-tl-wr1043nd-to-dd-wrt

I don't have the problem with "no WAN address", I only have the problem with the wireless drops every 1-2 days and i have to reboot the router.

Do you have any fix for that, or can recommend witch build does not have the wireless problems?
Krokx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
joobus wrote:
I just got a new 1043ND v1.10 router, SN#1269XXXXXXXX (off of Amazon). At first I used the factory-to-ddwrt, then dd-wrt-webflash from the build on the public webpage, but that build is around 14XXX. My WAN port didn't work.

Reverted to factory with a webrevert image, (WAN works on factory), then did factory-ddwrt, then ddwrt-webflash of the latest build image, version 20119 or something. WAN still didn't work.

Reverted back to factory. Stuck using factory firmware for now. Just FYI.

I had the same problem. In another thread there is a fix for it using first the "german firmware" fix.
1. flash from original fw to the german one
2. then flash from the german to DD-WRT 20119

My router (same) type works on 20119.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: