TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND hw rev. 1.8 and DD-WRT firmware

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Steven_W
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the TL0WR1043ND with the following TP Link firmware:

Firmware Version:
3.13.12 Build 120405 Rel.33996n
Hardware Version:
WR1043ND v1 00000000

I came across this forum after linking to a youtube video of some guy using the dd-wrt firmware on his router.

Can I just ask, in a nutshell, what are the benefits of doing this considering mine is working fine?

Many thanks!
Sponsor
Steven_W
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK so I watched this guy showing off some of the things the formware can do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVCR7YukXUI

Looks very impressive, so can anyone let me know before I enter a world of pain whether this will work on my router 100% or the wife will be sent over teh edge as I am always tinkering!!!

Many thanks
redzed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Steven_W wrote:
OK so I watched this guy showing off some of the things the formware can do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVCR7YukXUI

Looks very impressive, so can anyone let me know before I enter a world of pain whether this will work on my router 100% or the wife will be sent over teh edge as I am always tinkering!!!

Many thanks

If you've got a 1043ND with one of the serial numbers beginning "S/N 12xxxxxxx" you'll get no where unless you follow NySaU1gX's excellent post detailing exactly how to install DD-WRT.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=62217&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1710

If you've got an early model, "S/N 1xxxxxxxxx", the standard install should be fine.

Another video by geekyranjit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Muv1KWxdKU

If you want to revert back to the TP-Link firmware you'll need the 1043ND file from here.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237&highlight=1043nd

btw, I'm also a complete novice who got stuck 1 hour ago trying to install DD-WRT on my S/N 12*********.

Many thanks to you folks on the forum for all of your great work in helping us newbies.
sahil80
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have v1.8 with serial no 1XXXX - what file I should download to flash DD-WRT

Can someone link me to the file.
rdaraujo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
sahil80 wrote:

I also have a v1.8 S/N: 11 and I have flashed this one: link

I am still using it to figure out if there is anything not functioning properly. So far its ok.

Last edited by rdaraujo on Sat Nov 10, 2012 21:15; edited 1 time in total
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wait patiently for the next beta and it will be OK for every hardware device / revision / serial number etc.
berbex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
sahil80 wrote:

I also have a WR1043ND hw rev. 1.8, S/N 11xxxxx, and I got it working with this image: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/07-20-12-r19519/tplink_tl-wr1043nd/factory-to-ddwrt.bin

Only issue I noticed so far is that in Status -> Sys-Info page, under the Wireless section, the Channel is shown Unknown instead of the correct configured wireless channel... nothing else so far.
valent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Friend of mine has wr1043nd v1.8 with s/n 11C6690xxxx and it works fine with this firmware:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2012%2F10-12-12-r20119-testing%2Ftplink_tl-wr1043nd%2F
Krokx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 14:03    Post subject: Thanks for helping getting DD-WRT on TL-WR1043ND 1.8 Reply with quote
nike_bytom wrote:
problem with WAN on v1.8
if u on dd-wrt install this first:
tl-wr1043nd_v1-webrevert.bin

after restart install this wr1043nv1_de_3_9_17_up_boot(100331).bin
(this is german firmware)

then ddwrt as normal
1.factory-to-ddwrt.bin
2.tl-wr1043nd-webflash.bin

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11736714/TP-WR1043ND%20v1.8%20DD-WRT.zip

Only with your help (link) I got the WAN port working, thank you so much!
(z resztą Polak Polakowi pomógł)
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
The problem you are all facing deals with how the new boot loader software configures the router on boot. This case may apply not only to routers with SN# 12xxxxxx but with other serial numbers also. If you take a router and upgrade it to the newer tp-link factory firmware you will begin to face this problem regardless of what the serial number is and when it is produced.

The new bootloader was created by TP-LINK factory in last months of 2011 because they found bugs which they fixed. You are all certainly having this WAN port problem on 12xxxxxxxx numbers only because they are newly produced and the new boot loader is installed on it by factory. This is the connection between serial numbers and DD-WRT WAN port problems.

Boot loader is a software produced by the factory that made the router. It controls the existence of an operating system and how that operating system boots. The operating system is the tp-link firmware at first, and if changed, it may become DD-WRT if the user wants so. But the boot loader stays one and same even if the firmware is changed.

The new TP-LINK boot loader contains fixes to important problems that were found after it was released at first. This includes problems that wired computers may not connect to internet if the router reboots and they must renew their ip address if that happens.

I cannot recommend anyone to downgrade their tp-link firmware as these instructions say. This is like downgrading your computer's bios version because an improvement to the newer bios improves windows 7 but does no longer allow windows xp to boot. Yes you get it working this way but you generate risks of new problems arising with the whole system of your router.

My special recommendation that would generally work for all of you is the following:
- If you already downgraded your boot loader with the german firmware, wait until a new DD-WRT beta arrives and after that please do: webrevert to factory, then upgrade to factory newest firmware so that you restore the new boot loader, then upgrade to dd-wrt with factory-to-ddwrt.bin

- If you have never downgraded your boot loader, then wait with the factory firmware until a new dd-wrt build arrives, then upgrade to factory newest and then upgrade to dd-wrt latest with factory-to-ddwrt.bin.

Any new DD-WRT that may appear after current ones are compatible with the newer TP-LINK firmware without problems. This case was thoroughly tested with developers and confirmed to be true.

I hope to have explained the situation so that it is now clear to everyone what you do to get it working and why it is not good.
sebou89
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi,

i also have a tlwr1043nd v1.9

is there a fw available for this ver ??
sebou89
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
nike_bytom wrote:
problem with WAN on v1.8
if u on dd-wrt install this first:
tl-wr1043nd_v1-webrevert.bin

after restart install this wr1043nv1_de_3_9_17_up_boot(100331).bin
(this is german firmware)

then ddwrt as normal
1.factory-to-ddwrt.bin
2.tl-wr1043nd-webflash.bin

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11736714/TP-WR1043ND%20v1.8%20DD-WRT.zip

Worked fine for me with v1.9

Thanks!
rdaraujo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Many thanks checho for your explanation.

So, any expectation when a new beta version will be released?
I mean something like "3 to 6 months", or "no more than X months" or even "expect nothing for at least 1 year".
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
rdaraujo wrote:
Many thanks checho for your explanation.

So, any expectation when a new beta version will be released?
I mean something like "3 to 6 months", or "no more than X months" or even "expect nothing for at least 1 year".

Since I am a regular user I don't know what the intention of the developers is. I am just explaining why things you do are not recommended although they make a fix or patch that seems to work. But I have a feeling that new build will be before Christmas Smile
complexxL9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have TP-Link TL-WR1043ND
rev 1.8
SN 1XXXXX
what is the latest DD WRT version that works with it, and where can I download it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: