WRT160n v3 needs a new home (small repair needed)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers
amklose
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 0:19    Post subject: WRT160n v3 needs a new home (small repair needed) Reply with quote
Hello, I'm looking to find a new home for my WRT160n v3. I accidentally fried a chip when I plugged the wrong power cord into it. I think it is a power regulator or something similar, as it is close to the power supply jack (and it responded badly to the wrong power supply). If you have any soldering experience and knowledge of the guts of a WRT160n, perhaps you would like to repair this (or you could use it for parts. I couldn't bring myself to throwing it away.

Aside from the one chip, the rest of the motherboard looks like it's in great condition. I would be willing to give it to whoever wants it for $5 plus the cost of shipping.

The chip is an 8 pin, labeled "U2" on the circuit board, and it looks like the model number starts with 5106 AAD...

Please let me know if you are interested.
Sponsor
tamasg03
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry to say this, but I doubt there will be any takers. Just because it's not visible, there may be damage to the rest of that mb...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: