Asus RT-N66U

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
@BrainSlayer..

I ran across this in trac, change set 17355, wl_generic.mk

ifeq ("$(CONFIG_WL_USBAP)","y")
82 wl_high-objs := $(SRCBASE)/wl/linux/wl_high.o
83 obj-m += wl_high.o
84 endif

I realize that this thread is about the N66U but the linksys E3200 needs drivers for the 5ghz usb radio to finish the port. Any chance of the above driver(s) working on the 3200? I'll be happy to load a test build and see.

I know you & eko were working on the 3200 but maybe the drivers were not available at the time?? The 3200 is ready to go once the 5ghz usb radio comes to life.

BrainSlayer wrote:
i was not yet able to play with these devices since i dont have such one. in any way it would be a special build since these wl_high drivers are very HW specific and if it works in station mode is another problem. these usb host based drivers are much different from pcie/pci based ones.
for prefer the easy to support device at first

10-4.. Standing by..

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey BrainSlayer, do you have some information about the DD-WRT firmware for the Asus RT-N56U too? I'm waiting for that one very long now and it seems that we don't get any information if there is someone who is developing it or not Sad
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
we are working on RT-N56U too but we wont release any informations until its done. (with some exceptions for sure)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
im lookin forward to this being released, and i hope its really soon. my 610N fried itself last week so i need a replacement sometime in the next few weeks.
Überkinger
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
we are working on RT-N56U too but we wont release any informations until its done. (with some exceptions for sure)

Is this correct, that the RT-N66U has the same bad performance with this CFE issue, who need re-engenierung at moment?
coldfire7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
kitus wrote:
coldfire7 wrote:
And now it looks like it's pretty much the same thing. Confused Rolling Eyes

if this is the case, I'll rather go with the Cisco E4200. What are the main differences between the two devices now that we've seemed to find out that the N66U isn't thaaat loaded? Is it worth it anymore? what are your thoughts?

there are some major differences. the wireless chipsets are newer. both chipsets are 3x3 (2.4 ghz and 5 ghz). the linksys e4200 has just 2x2 for 2.4 ghz and has not the final broadcom chipsets. seem to be a early series from 2010. the asus has 2 USB ports and the cpu clock is also higher. ah and the asus has a internal micro SD slot which can be used in addition. i dont know if this slow is prefilled by asus, mine was empty, but working

Thanks for the details. Smile

1× Linksys WRT54GL v1.1
w/ DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) std (SVN revision 14929) or, Tomato RAF 1.28.121006

Speedtest | Pingtest

//coldfire7
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
i was not yet able to play with these devices since i dont have such one. in any way it would be a special build since these wl_high drivers are very HW specific and if it works in station mode is another problem. these usb host based drivers are much different from pcie/pci based ones.

It may be a good idea to start practising building these drivers for dbus radios. Wink

The Linksys E2500 has also got its 5GHz radio on dbus and so has 2 coming Belkin routers and I'm sure other mfgrs will follow since it is a cheap way of doing a dual band router - the BCM5357 SOC has the lan switch and the 2.4Ghz radio built in but it hasn't got an external pci bus, only USB.
The only requirement except for the USB radio chip is at least 8MB of flash since dual drivers needs more space.

It looks to me as you have all source needed to make a trial wl_high.o except maybe for the firmware that has to be uploaded to the radio.
If you don't have it then I can provide you with it (for the 43236 only).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Überkinger wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

Is this correct, that the RT-N66U has the same bad performance with this CFE issue, who need re-engenierung at moment?

not that i know. but maybe to early to talk about until its on the market. i'm working together with asus to fix some wireless power issues right now which do not happen with the original firmware

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

It may be a good idea to start practising building these drivers for dbus radios. Wink

The Linksys E2500 has also got its 5GHz radio on dbus and so has 2 coming Belkin routers and I'm sure other mfgrs will follow since it is a cheap way of doing a dual band router - the BCM5357 SOC has the lan switch and the 2.4Ghz radio built in but it hasn't got an external pci bus, only USB.
The only requirement except for the USB radio chip is at least 8MB of flash since dual drivers needs more space.

It looks to me as you have all source needed to make a trial wl_high.o except maybe for the firmware that has to be uploaded to the radio.
If you don't have it then I can provide you with it (for the 43236 only).

i do not have all sources for the usb based radios. some sources are missing. so i cannot compile the wl_high driver right at the moment

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you know when this router will be available? And if it has IPV6 support?

Thanks
djshorty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 16:28    Post subject: October? Reply with quote
This link says it's due in October.

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=11867

The new Asus RT-N66U Dark Knight Dual-Band Wireless Gaming Router is the next generation of Ultra-fast routers for lag-free Online Gaming and media streaming! Featuring the latest Wireless Dual-Band technology, the Asus RT-N66U Dark Knight brings to the fore a new generation of super-fast connectivity with up to 450Mbps per band simultaneously, it works in both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, and supports up to a massive 300,000 concurrent data sessions! Approximately 20 times the capacity of mainstream routers! Additionally the Four (4) Ethernet ports provide Gigabit connectivity and an additional USB port can be used to connect external USB devices such as printers or USB hard drives.

Key Features

With three spatial streams using MIMO technology, the Router achieves a maximum theoretical throughput of up to 450Mbps (900Mbps combined) up to 50% faster in speed and 60% increase in range over standard 300Mbps wireless 802.11N.

Buil-in 4-port 10/100/1000 Gigabit switch for fast wired connectivity

Simultaneous dual-band performance prevents interference and offers an extra channel to ensure completion of all your bandwidth-intensive applications.

USB Share Port allows you to attach a USB storage device-such as an external hard drive, digital camera or USB flash drive directly to the Router, giving any network-connected user access to documents, videos and photos on the storage drive.

Wi-Fi Protected Setup Button makes adding a new device to your network simple. Just press a button and your wireless device will automatically receive your network security information and securely configure itself

Optimal Wired, Wireless Speeds and Coverage
With an integrated Dual-Band 802.11n Wireless Access Point, the router delivers up to 6 times speeds and 3 times wireless coverage of an 802.11b/g network device. It supports a data rates of up to 450 Mbps per stream and is also compatible with 802.11b/g equipment. The Wireless Protected Access (WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK) and Wireless Encryption Protocol (WEP) features enhance the level of transmission security and access control over Wireless LAN.

The Asus RT-N66U Dark Knight also supports the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) standard, allowing users to establish a secure wireless network by simply pushing a button.

1GB of DDR2 RAM! Why?

Best of all, the Asus RT-N66U Dark Knight has a generous 1GB of RAM, another likely candidate for best in class. Why does this matter? Because of how TCP/IP works, or in the case of small routers, doesn’t work. TCP/IP takes up a bit of memory for each open socket, so the more you have open, the more memory you need. When a connection is released, the memory frees up slowly.

Standard Warranty: 2-Years

SPECIFICATIONS

Network Standard

IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n up to 450Mbps
Ethernet Port

WAN x 1, LAN x 4 RJ45 10/100/1000 Base T
Memory

32MB flash and 1GB DDR2 RAM
Network Management

Asus network map
Asus EZ QoS
Asus Traffic Monitor
Asus Dr Surf (Trouble Shooting)
UPnP AV
DHCP Server
Port Trigger
Port Forwarding (Virtual Server)
DMZ
IPTV
STB Port
Encryption

Supports 64/128 bit WEP
WPA-PSK, WPA-PSK2
WPA Enterprise, WPA2 Enterprise
Radius with IEEE 802.1
WPS (WiFi protected setup)
Dimensions

216 x 121.2 x 9.4mm
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
its been mentioned before its not 1 gigabyte of ram, its 1 gigaBIT Rolling Eyes
Spockmaster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
crud...i cant really wait till october lol. maybe it'll be out sooner in the US? i kept seeing Q3 places. i might have to settle for an n56u if this really is not being released till october.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
slybunda wrote:
its been mentioned before its not 1 gigabyte of ram, its 1 gigaBIT Rolling Eyes

No.. 1 Gbit is 128 MByte,RT-N66U has 256 MByte.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=86437&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 17:51    Post subject: RT-N16 Reply with quote
I don't think that information is correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH2Ti15B_d0 (1m15s)

The router has 1GB RAM DDR2 according to ASUS.

Specs here:

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=25929
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 167, 168, 169  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 169
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: