Linksys E4200 Router released (test build available)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
if you want and if your client supports it, just do it. its up to you. just consider, if you have alot of neighbor networks or inteferences, 40 mhz can be even slower than 20 mhz

Yummee:
Linux DD-WRT 4.14.8 #42 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 21 18:11:16 CET 2017 armv7l DD-WRT
root@DD-WRT:/sys# nvram get DD_BOARD
Netgear R7800
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
kayone wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:
kayone wrote:
Applied this build (16751M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko) today. Now it doesn't broadcast 5Ghz WL network at all. Is there any way to enable logging in dd-wrt to see what exactly is going on and provide more info?

by default its disabled. take a look at wireless basic settings and enable it. secondary, always reset the config after you upgraded from linksys firmware.

managed to fix it. Seems like my clients are quite sensitive at what setting I'm using. After setting it to specific channel and Mixed mode, it started working. My AGN6200 reports 300Mb which is the maximum I can achieve.

yes. consider that we provide alot of more channels, than supported by the most clients.

Yummee:
Linux DD-WRT 4.14.8 #42 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 21 18:11:16 CET 2017 armv7l DD-WRT
root@DD-WRT:/sys# nvram get DD_BOARD
Netgear R7800
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
kayone wrote:
Applied this build (16751M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko) today. Now it doesn't broadcast 5Ghz WL network at all. Is there any way to enable logging in dd-wrt to see what exactly is going on and provide more info?

Usually if channel is left to Auto it will go to 34, which you cannot see with clients in eu/usa.... Simply select good channel, like 36 or 40 or 153 or ... and apply again.
Kykiskly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is the 1.5TB Nas Storage cap gone? Linksys by default put a cap for anything above 1.5TB.

Juan....
csm746
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Forgot to mention in the earlier post that I set the 5ghz radio to 40 mhz channel width and set channel 161 upper. Windows 7 is reporting 240 mbs steady two rooms and two walls (35to40 ft)from the router and the speeds seem fine.
ashwilli33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 21:58    Post subject: 5ghz/40 issues Reply with quote
Had clients connecting/using 5ghz/40 on the stock Linksys firmware...updated to 16751M, and can only seem to see/associate to the 2nd radio when I explicitly set N-only, 40, and choose a particular channel. Problem is once I connect to that - I can't seem to get out and do anything. Everything else works great with the test build...anyone have any ideas on what might be going on?
CRCs Reality
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 22:05    Post subject: Re: 5ghz/40 issues Reply with quote
ashwilli33 wrote:
Had clients connecting/using 5ghz/40 on the stock Linksys firmware...updated to 16751M, and can only seem to see/associate to the 2nd radio when I explicitly set N-only, 40, and choose a particular channel. Problem is once I connect to that - I can't seem to get out and do anything. Everything else works great with the test build...anyone have any ideas on what might be going on?

Same issue I have... Been tweaking with it all day with no luck..
Picchioni
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 22:19    Post subject: Re: 5ghz/40 issues Reply with quote
CRCs Reality wrote:
ashwilli33 wrote:

Same problem here. However, I just got both my MacBook Pro and AppleTV 2 to associate. These are the steps I took to get it working (they were mostly for troubleshooting.)

1) Changed SSID to something short (test) & disabled encryption, then tried connecting. From here both my devices associated with no problems.
2) Then I moved to adding encryption.
3) Then changed to the proper SSID.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also noted that any build after 16745 has sputnik agent reporting 3.3.6.6.1 instead of 3.3.7.9 as well

Fractal
ashwilli33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 22:43    Post subject: Re: 5ghz/40 issues Reply with quote
Picchioni wrote:
CRCs Reality wrote:
ashwilli33 wrote:

Same problem here. However, I just got both my MacBook Pro and AppleTV 2 to associate. These are the steps I took to get it working (they were mostly for troubleshooting.)

1) Changed SSID to something short (test) & disabled encryption, then tried connecting. From here both my devices associated with no problems.
2) Then I moved to adding encryption.
3) Then changed to the proper SSID.

I don't know if you understood...I have no problems associating, after taking the steps I mentioned. I show as connected, however am unable to access the internet via the device. As soon as I connect it to the first radio everything works fine. Anyone have any ideas?
Picchioni
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you even getting an IP address from dhcp?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Picchioni wrote:

I'm not sure about Picchioni, but in my case I get an IP, but have no connection to anything. Can't ping the router, resolve dns, or anything else.
This is with encryption on or off, short names, long names, ssid hidden or shown, etc, etc...
If I switch back to radio1 all works great... I've done at least 5 'factory resets' today (30-30-30) with no change...

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to have dd-wrt on this router, but sure do wish I could get radio2 at 5Ghz working... Very Happy
ashwilli33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
CRCs Reality wrote:
Picchioni wrote:

I'm not sure about Picchioni, but in my case I get an IP, but have no connection to anything. Can't ping the router, resolve dns, or anything else.
This is with encryption on or off, short names, long names, ssid hidden or shown, etc, etc...
If I switch back to radio1 all works great... I've done at least 5 'factory resets' today (30-30-30) with no change...

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to have dd-wrt on this router, but sure do wish I could get radio2 at 5Ghz working... Very Happy

Same exact scenario here...hoping someone can offer a solution.
Picchioni
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think the 5ghz radio is very picky. On the build eko put out yesterday, I had the 5ghz radio working for a bit then all of the sudden it stopped working properly.

One of those once it's working no one breathe on the router situations.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can't get 5GHz to work.

Using the big build.
Client is not receiving anything.
Rx counter is on "0"

Connection shows from time to time but when hitting F5 show it's constantly searching.
Even when fixed channel is set. searching other channels i mean

Tried:
Hard reset
Reloaded firmware.
With and without encryption.

Also 2.4 band is bouncing.
constantly reconnecting.
But allows connection to the www
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 45, 46, 47  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 15 of 47
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: