DIR-615 D4 Multiple WLAN - WEP Auth Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
bjones371
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:22    Post subject: DIR-615 D4 Multiple WLAN - WEP Auth Issue Reply with quote
Hi,

I've followed the guide here http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Multiple_WLANs to configure multiple WLANs with success on my DD-WRT router. The primary WLAN interface ra0 is in br0 with vlan1 and vlan2, and the DD-WRT router is configured as an AP (ie connected to another non DD-WRT router via the LAN port). Interface ra1 is in br1 with an IP in a different subnet and DNSMasq providing DHCP. All of this is working correctly and clients can obtain an IP in the second subnet through DHCP by connecting to ra1, with which they can access the internet, but none of the devices on the subnet of the primary router.

If I configure the SSID with WPA2 PSK authentication this works as expected. But if I switch to WEP encryption (the whole point of this is to connect my Nintendo DS but keep the rest of the LAN segregated for additional security) the whole thing falls over, the Nintendo DS says it couldn't obtain an IP if I use "open" authentication, or if I switch to shared key then it doesn't connect at all, saying the AP couldn't be found. I've tried connecting from a laptop with both open and shared key as well with no joy, it reports the key is incorrect (tried typing both the ASCII key and the 128-bit key from the key 1 field). Interface ra0 is configured with WPA2-PSK if that makes any difference?

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Sponsor
bjones371
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Done some more digging and have found that this only seems to work if the virtual WLAN has the same authentication method as the primary WLAN. As soon as I changed the authentication method of ra0 to WEP I was able connect immediately. Is this expected behaviour?

The router supports multiple BSSIDs as each SSID displays a different MAC address in the GUI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: