E3000 wireless problem fixed yet ? need help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
alan8888
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:37    Post subject: E3000 wireless problem fixed yet ? need help. Reply with quote
Try to search but no solution yet ?

I bought the router 2 weeks ago.
First is the organic firmware from linksys. If i start using it with game. The wireless thing hang/ down or what ever. You have to reset the router to make it works again.
So i go update the linksys newest firmware, and it still haven't the same problem
Ok Last night I switch to DDWRT. Still the same problem

I really don't know how to fix this problem
Someone please help. All the lan works fine. just the wireless. Either I gaming or i torrent download any staff or anytime in heavy traffic. the wireless dead and have to reboot the router.
Sponsor
UrbanVoyeur
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your router could be overheating. You might try propping it up or putting larger rubber feet under it to get more air. Search the forum for how to's

Or You could have a bad router or a bad power supply.

Either way, this is not typical behavior for E3000's

wats6831
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Take it back. It's probably NOT overheating. I had the same problem but with the switch. I put a fan on it and elevated the router and it still drops connection constantly.
Masterman
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tomato users seem to be quite happy. You might want to try that as a test:

http://tomatousb.org/forum/t-295625/e3000-1st-flash-procedure-which-build

Asus RT-N10
Asus RT-N12
Asus RT-N16 x5
Asus WL520gU
Engenious ECB350
Linksys WRT600Nv1.1
Linksys WRT610Nv1
Linksys E2000
Netgear WNDR3300
SonicWall NSA220W
SonicWall TZ215W
SonicWall TZ205W
SonicWall TZ105W
baxter_x
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm quite interested in this topic as I have the same issue. But it's very random.Has the Tomato firmware solved your issue?
spearchucker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am using 18024 on an E3000 with no problems for about a month now. Lots of traffic and kids playing online games with a PC and PS3. No problems at all. My guess is you have hardware problem or a bad client connected that is causing havoc.
baxter_x
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
A bad client causing havoc? I have to say little server causes me some disconnections a wifi losses when he starts.
Since I decided to unplug him, no more problem.
Could a single machine cause this kind of behave?
That's strange because, I checked its logs and nothing raises.
Also, when the roouter is connected with a cable, and this machine connected on it, no problem neither.

It's only when the routeur is connected with wifi.

I don't think the routeur is involved as I had to buy another one today as I bricked mine trying to flash to Tomato.
Even with this new routeur the problem occurs.
baxter_x
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
spearchucker wrote:
I am using 18024 on an E3000 with no problems for about a month now. Lots of traffic and kids playing online games with a PC and PS3. No problems at all. My guess is you have hardware problem or a bad client connected that is causing havoc.

What device is the E3000 connected to?
DigitalDeviant
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
baxter_x: How about posting what version of DD-WRT your running and maybe your wireless settings.

Last edited by DigitalDeviant on Wed Feb 08, 2012 14:30; edited 1 time in total
baxter_x
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Version: V24-14929
Wifi settings:
-Client mode
-WPA TKIP

I sometimes face the same problem as described earlier. WIFI losses. Sometimes I can still ping the routeur or internet sites, but no pages are displayed.
I have a Windows 7 gadget that shows the LAN use. I can clearly see the bandwidth dropping. Even sometimes compelte connection loss: Wifi light flashing on routeur, AP disapeared from routeur interface.

When playing games (Team Fortress) I start to have some lags, the desconnections but resumed, then completly disconnected. Sometimes waiting for a several minutes resumes the situation to normal, sometimes I have to reboot the routeur.

.... this for the las 4 months Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Tried using Tomato firmware, didn't have any of these issues with it. I might have to consider this option. Unless you guys provide me a solution Very Happy
DigitalDeviant
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some suggestions.
Try using WPA2 AES.
Run a site survey to make sure there aren't other people using the same channel as you.
If there is a lot of wireless traffic in your area, reduce the channel width to 20MHz.
Try a 30/30/30 reset.
Update your adapter drivers.
wats6831
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would reccommend NOT using any security encryption as that can effect performance. Just use a MAC adress filter for your wireless devices.

You may also want to consider starting over by flashing back to stock firmware and then flashing DD-WRT or Tomato again.

For this router I reccomend Tomato, it's performed alot better on both my E3000s.

30/30/30 is crucial. Corrupted NVRAM settings can cause all sorts of strange problems.
baxter_x
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't use just wireless MAC filter. Way too easy to hack!
I'll stick to Tomato I think. That's a real sh***t for me as I configured a lot of things on this router. I will have to redo this with Tomato. I'm a bit pissed off.
I'll go directly to Tomato. I've already done this before.
wats6831
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
What are the chances someone is going to spoof your MAC address? They'd have to KNOW your MAC address first, and THEN they would have to have a means to capture your traffic. It would be much easier just to compromise the router and disable your security so it's really irrelevant if you encrypt your traffic. For me it's worth not having the overhead of encryption. I don't have anything worth stealing anyway.
baxter_x
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I halfly agree with you. Finding MAC adresses is quite easy as nothing is encrypted in your case. But is you live in the country side, it's no use being paranoiac.
However, if you live in a city you connection would be easely used not to still our data, but to perform attacks, or navigating on controversal web sites.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: