wndr3700v2 - Wont accept DD-WRT file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Dan R. Hansen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 16:43    Post subject: wndr3700v2 - Wont accept DD-WRT file Reply with quote
Hi Guys.

I'm a bit confused with this little problem of mine.
I have just bought a Netgear wdr3700 v2, and was about to flash it with the special DD-WRT wndr3700-factory.img file.

But the router with standard 1.0.0.6 firmware wont accept the wndr3700-factory.img file, saying the file is "bad". Sad

Now I come to think that the DD-WRT firmware for the wndr3700, only works for the wndr3700 v1?

The tftp flashing method was no go either. Properly because there is a 4 mb limit. IDK?

So is there any way i can get DD-WRT firmware on to a wndr3700 v2?

I really do hope it is possible, since I really need the client-bridge mode right now. :cry:

Edit:
The FCC ID number is: PY308300092

Last edited by Dan R. Hansen on Tue Jan 11, 2011 19:30; edited 3 times in total
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is the FCC Id on the routers label?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
What is the FCC Id on the routers label?

It is: PY308300092
Dan R. Hansen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not supported yet.

Also, according to the FCC id thats the new Netgear 3800.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Dan R. Hansen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Not supported yet.

Also, according to the FCC id thats the new Netgear 3800.

Really Shocked

So it is the new 3800, inside a 3700?
It says 3700 on the outside.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Look at the FCC id and you tell me..

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=522724

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Dan R. Hansen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Look at the FCC id and you tell me..

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=522724

I see...

Normally i wouldn't mind, but this is rather irritating, when my main quest was to get DD-WRT on it, for its extra functions..

Weird...

So there is no other options left, other than get another one? Sad

Thanks anyway Smile
Dan R. Hansen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
So which FCC ID should I go for to be sure I get the best and DD-WRT compatible wndr3700 router?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
At this point it is rather trivial, since they are still keeping the 3700 label its hard to know when just buying the WNDR3700.

You could however look for a WNDR37AV, which to my knowing is only 1 version, and is dd-wrt supported, its basically the WNDR3700, nothing different but the name, probably some marketing thing.

LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is also a Class II Permissive change filed for this FCC Id allowing Netgear to change model name, product name, and re-layout the circuit board.

A manufacturer does not have to file a Class II Permissive change for memory up- or downgrade (it doesn't affect the routers HF radiation) so there is no way to see from the FCC filings what memory configuration these new versions have.

The v2 is from what I understand a v1 with the new circuit board and a 3800 is a v2 with additional software features.
We will not know that for sure though until someone opens up his v2 (and 3800 when it becomes available) and documents the hardware.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
At this point it is rather trivial, since they are still keeping the 3700 label its hard to know when just buying the WNDR3700.

You could however look for a WNDR37AV, which to my knowing is only 1 version, and is dd-wrt supported, its basically the WNDR3700, nothing different but the name, probably some marketing thing.

Are you absolutely sure about that?
Why should the "old" wndr3700 get a new v2 layout which does not work with dd-wrt, while the "new" wndr3700/wndr37av, would stick with the old v1 layout?

It would be rather frustrating to get yet another router which do not work with dd-wrt.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dan R. Hansen wrote:
buddee wrote:

Are you absolutely sure about that?
Why should the "old" wndr3700 get a new v2 layout which does not work with dd-wrt, while the "new" wndr3700/wndr37av, would stick with the old v1 layout?

It would be rather frustrating to get yet another router which do not work with dd-wrt.

No I can't promise you anything, i just gave the best suggestion i could think of, not making any special promises, when it all boils down, its all on you to make your own choice about this matter.

LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dan R. Hansen wrote:

I can guess what the differences are and what is needed in order for a v2 to run dd-wrt but a good guess is not enough.
It has to be verified and won't be until someone is willing to open up a v2 and document the innards.
It is very likely that Brainslayer would need a router donated to him (from someone in the dd-wrt user community) in order to add support for it.

Dan R. Hansen wrote:

It would be more than that, it would be dumb.
Get yourself a router which you know is supported - don't buy a router under the premises that you expect it to be supported later on.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
My best suggestion could be to wait for the dd-wrt support.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: