Where do I download the latest version? V24 SP2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Generic Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
SuperCourier
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 14 Sep 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know I get your point. This project would get far more interest if latest stable releases were simply put front and center like you said, be it on the dd-wrt.com page or from the router database, with changelogs and build descriptions (not names, plain English DESCRIPTIONS of the differences) right there.

Yes, part of the attraction is the discussion of the differences and ongoing development of these builds, but that shouldn't be mixed in with the rummage sale jumble of builds and information scattered throughout.

The experts here are hugely generous with their time and expertise, and that's great. Still, the fact that I'm still trying to find a changelog for my WRT160N's available firmware and unclear as to what is stable or not after an hour of searching is indicative of, well, the..."highly democratic" ownership style. Vibrant, buoyant, collaborative, but sure not organized or updated. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND CONTRIBUTIONS, GURUS!
Sponsor
wwelsh00
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 05 May 2018
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
dg9ekc wrote:
Hi

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/12-18-10-r15940/tplink_tl-wr740nv1/

or

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/12-18-10-r15940/tplink_tl-wr740nv2/


Both of the links above are not working. Any other places that i can download v24 sp2 for my TL-WR740N?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Posts: 7153
Location: Columbus, Ohio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
wwelsh00 wrote:
dg9ekc wrote:
Hi

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/12-18-10-r15940/tplink_tl-wr740nv1/

or

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/12-18-10-r15940/tplink_tl-wr740nv2/


Both of the links above are not working. Any other places that i can download v24 sp2 for my TL-WR740N?


ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/

_________________
I am far from a guru, I'm barely a novice.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 1519
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
wwelsh00 wrote:
dg9ekc wrote:
Hi

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/12-18-10-r15940/tplink_tl-wr740nv1/

or

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/12-18-10-r15940/tplink_tl-wr740nv2/


Both of the links above are not working. Any other places that i can download v24 sp2 for my TL-WR740N?


Answered my own question in the other thread, I think. The EKO builds are gone as far as I know of(?). Which version WR740N? I'm pretty sure that makes a difference...

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/06-01-2018-r36079/tplink_tl-wr740nv1/
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WR740N_v1.x

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/06-01-2018-r36079/tplink_tl-wr740nv2/
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WR740N_v2.x

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/06-01-2018-r36079/tplink_tl-wr740nv3/
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WR740N_v3.x

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/06-01-2018-r36079/tplink_tl-wr740nv4/
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WR740N_v4.x

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/06-01-2018-r36079/tplink_tl-wr740nv5/
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WR740N_v5.x

NOTE: This wiki seems to be outdated:

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP-LINK_TL-WR740N, which at the bottom, references the beta version with the krack fixes under this folder:

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/10-20-2017-r33555/

You may want to search the forum for your specific hardware revision as well. Hope this helps?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Posts: 7153
Location: Columbus, Ohio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2010/12-18-10-r15940/
_________________
I am far from a guru, I'm barely a novice.
wwelsh00
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 05 May 2018
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
wwelsh00 wrote:
dg9ekc wrote:
Hi

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/12-18-10-r15940/tplink_tl-wr740nv1/

or

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/12-18-10-r15940/tplink_tl-wr740nv2/


Both of the links above are not working. Any other places that i can download v24 sp2 for my TL-WR740N?


Answered my own question in the other thread, I think. The EKO builds are gone as far as I know of(?). Which version WR740N? I'm pretty sure that makes a difference...

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/06-01-2018-r36079/tplink_tl-wr740nv1/
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WR740N_v1.x

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/06-01-2018-r36079/tplink_tl-wr740nv2/
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WR740N_v2.x

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/06-01-2018-r36079/tplink_tl-wr740nv3/
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WR740N_v3.x

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/06-01-2018-r36079/tplink_tl-wr740nv4/
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WR740N_v4.x

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/06-01-2018-r36079/tplink_tl-wr740nv5/
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WR740N_v5.x

NOTE: This wiki seems to be outdated:

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP-LINK_TL-WR740N, which at the bottom, references the beta version with the krack fixes under this folder:

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/10-20-2017-r33555/

You may want to search the forum for your specific hardware revision as well. Hope this helps?



I'm actually using TL-WR740N v6. Will the above work?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 1519
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
wwelsh00 wrote:
I'm actually using TL-WR740N v6. Will the above work?


V6 is slightly different, hardware-wise, with V1 thru V5. Someone who knows more about this could probably give you a better answer, but it IS supported in OpenWRT:

https://openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_tl-wr740n_v6
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 25 Oct 2013
Posts: 2285
Location: Indy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
wwelsh00 wrote:
I'm actually using TL-WR740N v6. Will the above work?
In the Broadcom forum thread you posted a screenshot running DD 29621; the v6 doesn't show up in the build folder, nor the supported list; what exact build did you install?
wwelsh00 wrote:
jwh7 wrote:
wwelsh00 wrote:
I'm trying to have rFlow in my firmware. As I know, only v24 sp2 has it.
[...] It depends whether your router model has enough flash to support it. [...]
I'm using TL-WR740N and i cant see the rFlow option under Services
The WR740N's only have 4 MB flash, and extrapolating from the File Versions wiki section (only on std and up bcm builds), rFlow is only on routers with at least 8 MB.
_________________
# NAT/SFE/CTF: limited speed w/ DD # Repeater issues # DD-WRT info: Builds, Types, Modes, Changelog, Peacock, Demo #
x64 OPNsense 19.7.2|EA6900v1.1@1GHz FT 2019.3b|DD 40599: WNDR4500v2, WNDR4000@533, E1500@353, R6300v1,
2*E2500, WRT54*@250: GLv1.1 nsg, GSv6 µ
|RT-N66U@663 Merlin 380.70|OEM: WGR614v10@400-WNR1000v3 mod
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 1519
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
jwh7 wrote:
wwelsh00 wrote:
I'm actually using TL-WR740N v6. Will the above work?
In the Broadcom forum thread you posted a screenshot running DD 29621; the v6 doesn't show up in the build folder, nor the supported list; what exact build did you install?
wwelsh00 wrote:
jwh7 wrote:
wwelsh00 wrote:
I'm trying to have rFlow in my firmware. As I know, only v24 sp2 has it.
[...] It depends whether your router model has enough flash to support it. [...]
I'm using TL-WR740N and i cant see the rFlow option under Services
The WR740N's only have 4 MB flash, and extrapolating from the File Versions wiki section (only on std and up bcm builds), rFlow is only on routers with at least 8 MB.


I can only guess that the firmware he's using now is for a TL-WR841ND going by the information on the openwrt link I previously posted:



QCA9533.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  107.18 KB
 Viewed:  1039 Time(s)

QCA9533.png


wwelsh00
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 05 May 2018
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
wwelsh00 wrote:
I'm actually using TL-WR740N v6. Will the above work?


V6 is slightly different, hardware-wise, with V1 thru V5. Someone who knows more about this could probably give you a better answer, but it IS supported in OpenWRT:

https://openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_tl-wr740n_v6


Awesome! Will try it out
wwelsh00
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 05 May 2018
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
jwh7 wrote:
wwelsh00 wrote:
I'm actually using TL-WR740N v6. Will the above work?
In the Broadcom forum thread you posted a screenshot running DD 29621; the v6 doesn't show up in the build folder, nor the supported list; what exact build did you install?
wwelsh00 wrote:
jwh7 wrote:
wwelsh00 wrote:
I'm trying to have rFlow in my firmware. As I know, only v24 sp2 has it.
[...] It depends whether your router model has enough flash to support it. [...]
I'm using TL-WR740N and i cant see the rFlow option under Services
The WR740N's only have 4 MB flash, and extrapolating from the File Versions wiki section (only on std and up bcm builds), rFlow is only on routers with at least 8 MB.


I can only guess that the firmware he's using now is for a TL-WR841ND going by the information on the openwrt link I previously posted:


Yeah, I'm using the TL-WR841ND version.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Posts: 7153
Location: Columbus, Ohio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lol, wow you left a lot of details out when you asked for download links for 15940 for the v1 or v2.
_________________
I am far from a guru, I'm barely a novice.
wwelsh00
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 05 May 2018
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry I'm 1-week old newbie in ddwrt.
wwelsh00
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 05 May 2018
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found the so-called V6 firmware here, https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=301905

It's actually for TL-WR841ND.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 1519
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
wwelsh00 wrote:
I found the so-called V6 firmware here, https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=301905

It's actually for TL-WR841ND.


Yeah, I kinda figured that out. Not sure if OpenWRT will support what you're wanting, though. The only problem I see is flashing a newer build for the TL-WR841ND, as I am suspecting that the .bin file in that thread has been modified with FMK. Not saying it can't be tried. If I read right, it said v10 or v11.... but the picture I posted above leads me to believe anything from v9 thru v12 might work....

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/06-01-2018-r36079/tplink_tl-wr841ndv9/

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/06-01-2018-r36079/tplink_tl-wr841ndv10/

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/06-01-2018-r36079/tplink_tl-wr841ndv11/

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/06-01-2018-r36079/tplink_tl-wr841ndv12/
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum