how to disable multicast on the wireless interface

kroff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 19:41    Post subject: how to disable multicast on the wireless interface Reply with quote
hello,

i have two routers , wrt54gl and the tp-link wr1043nd, using the latest ddwrt.
i'm using the linksys as a wireless access point, and forwarding the dhcp to tplink.
the problem is when i want to watch IPTV from my provider via multicast, the wifi drops dead.

on the tplink i disabled the "filter multicast" and all of the wired computers can watch the tv with no problem, but the wireless interface stops working as soon as i start the playlist on vlc.

so i figured i would put the linksys router as another access point with the multicast filter enabled, but the same thing happens, all of my wireless devices disconnect from wifi.
guess the multicast filter only works in router mode.

anyway, the only solution i found was to unbridge the wifi interface and create another dhcp server.
the problem is that then all the wireless devices are in another subnet, and there is no connection between wired<->wifi

so the question is, how to filter the multicast streams only on the wireless interface.

kroff
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: