Help I think I bricked my wrt610N version 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
sdry2010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 22:57    Post subject: Help I think I bricked my wrt610N version 2 Reply with quote
Hi,
I loaded the 15708 on my router and now I have a flashing power light. The rest of all the cables are still lighting blue but I cannot get to the gui or to the web. I tried to get to the gui using a static ip and removing all the cables, then unplugging and plugging in the power again, waiting for 2 seconds, pressing the reset button for 5 seconds, connecting the ethernet cable and then logging into the gui as recommended in the wiki but still can not get to the gui. Any help would be appreciated. Do I need to jtag it or is there anything else I can try to salvage it. If no is there any link as to where I can buy the jtag and how to jtag this particular router would help. Sorry for the newbee questions.
Thanks,
sdr
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
When you set static on your pc to like 192.168.1.6, have a cmd prompt actively pinging the unit @ 192.168.1.1, keeping the cmd prompt on a continuous ping, and power off then back on, what output do you get, if any?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
sdry2010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
It says Reply from 192.168.1.1 bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=100

It says connected to network but the gui doesnt open up and the power light just keeps flashing.
Thanks
sdry2010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
An update i tried to tftp using the mini version which was working for me previously. Rebooted the router and started the upload. It says successful but despite waiting for 10 minutes after that I cant open the gui.
Any help.Do I need to use the original linksys firmware with the tftp?
Thanks
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes you should try with stock firmware as well.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Pied Piper
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
sdry2010 wrote:
Do I need to use the original linksys firmware with the tftp?
Thanks

It would be a good idea. See note 11 of the peacock announcement.
sdry2010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried evryething but nothing helped. Finally I did the 8-9 pin short trick and it worked. Thanks to eko and evreyone on the forum who suggested and helped me to get my router back to life and running. Great job guys Wish evreyone a rocking holiday time Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: