Router upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
subspace3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 21:54    Post subject: Router upgrade Reply with quote
Hello guys,

I'm running ddwrt micro on a wrt54gs v5 at the moment but will be getting a version 4 soon so ill be upgrading to the standard edition since it has 4mb flash. Just wondering what's the best way to transfer the settings since I've changed quite abit. Is there an easy way or will I have to look through each screen and take notes?

Thanks for any info

Tom.

ps. Also does anyone see any problems using a mackbook air to flash the router using a usb to lan adapter?
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
welcome to the forum.. congrats on your V4..

unfortunately, you will have to enter your settings by hand on your new router. If you try to restore the config backup, odds are you will brick the router.

just navigate to the current routers config screens, and use your browser to print the screens.

when you get a moment, please read the announcements at the top of the forum. There is lots of useful information.

Navigation

Jump to: