using a wrt54g as a wifi jammer?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
bbsux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 16:24    Post subject: using a wrt54g as a wifi jammer? Reply with quote
Could you use a wrt54g as a wifi jammer? Just wondering...

EDIT: I didn't realize wifi jammers were illegal.... Mods, delete this thread.

Last edited by bbsux on Thu Dec 07, 2006 17:10; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Biggles
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
you most likely do not want to post questions on how to break US laws - unless youre not in the US Wink . there are a lot easier and cheaper ways to jam 2400mhz than your using your router.
anectine17
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 17:15    Post subject: Re: using a wrt54g as a wifi jammer? Reply with quote
bbsux wrote:

.........LOL.......right. And you don't inhale either, huh!!???!!! Twisted Evil

Linksys E2000 w/15200 "Big"
Linksys WRT54G v.4
La Fonera 2100, fan-cooled
Linksys WRT54G v.3.1
Linksys WRT54G v.1.1
Linksys WRT54GS v.1
2x Linksys WRT54G v.2.2

Peacock Thread - READ THOROUGHLY
bbsux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 17:19    Post subject: Re: using a wrt54g as a wifi jammer? Reply with quote
anectine17 wrote:
bbsux wrote:

like I care what you think, hippie.

I have never smoked in my life, even regular cigarettes much less weed.

Not everyone pours over fcc regs for hours on end.
anectine17
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 21:08    Post subject: Re: using a wrt54g as a wifi jammer? Reply with quote
bbsux wrote:
anectine17 wrote:
bbsux wrote:

LOL.....lighten up, kid.......have a sense of humor!!! You'll have a heart attack if you stay all uptight like that!! Hippie, huh??.........shit....I haven't been called that in.......well.......a long-ass time!! Cool

And as far as jamming wifi.........one doesn't need FCC regs to know that something like that's illegal.......it's called COMMON SENSE!!! Twisted Evil

Linksys WRT54G v.4
Linksys WRT54G v.3.1
Linksys WRT54G v.1.1
Linksys WRT54GS v.1
2x Linksys WRT54G v.2.2

Tornado
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Man Smile

My preferred parallel jtag adapter:
TIAO Parallel adapter

Tjtag website - http://tjtag.com

Compiling DD-WRT on:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3926.667 Mhz

Aptosid X64 - Debian SID X64
Ubuntu 10.10 X64 - Arch X64
bbsux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 0:03    Post subject: Re: using a wrt54g as a wifi jammer? Reply with quote
anectine17 wrote:
bbsux wrote:
anectine17 wrote:
bbsux wrote:

LOL.....lighten up, kid.......have a sense of humor!!! You'll have a heart attack if you stay all uptight like that!! Hippie, huh??.........shit....I haven't been called that in.......well.......a long-ass time!! Cool

And as far as jamming wifi.........one doesn't need FCC regs to know that something like that's illegal.......it's called COMMON SENSE!!! Twisted Evil

Yeah you be calm when you have had my week!

Lets see, just since Monday:

Some bastard broke a window in my house, someone broke into my vending machine and caused $300 damage, I found out I need to change the wax ring in my toilet, Its colder than a witch's teat after being doused in liquid nitrogen here, My POS HP laptop is broken and HP is being a real dick about taking it back for repair even when I have a whole other year on the warranty, my car battery died this morning, I'm getting a cold and feel like crap, I had to help setup 700 chairs at work while pretending to be "nice" when I feel like crap, I have to do a big setup tomorrow.

And I found out today that my 17 year old cat has kidney failure and is living on borrowed time. I have to give him loads of pills and subcue (under the skin) fluids twice a day until he dies.

SO EXCUSE ME IF I SEEM HIGH STRUNG WHEN SOME SUGGESTS I'M A POTHEAD!!!!
-------

Why is it so hard to believe I didn't know it was illegal? I hear about Theatres using jammers all the time, why would I know the difference?

syd2.jpg
 Description:
my cat
 Filesize:  4.2 KB
 Viewed:  31622 Time(s)

syd2.jpg

Syd1.jpg
 Description:
my cat
 Filesize:  4.26 KB
 Viewed:  31622 Time(s)

Syd1.jpg

jylee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
so.. um.. why do you need a wifi jammer?
bbsux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
jylee wrote:

My neighbor is the one that broke out my window and into my vending machine. He is an ahole and has a huge wpa network that covers my entire lot and interferes with mine (On several different channels, too.) I just wanted to randomly shut down and interfere with his network to let him know how it feels.
bbsux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
jylee wrote:

Is there an easier way, like wrapping my microwave in tinfoil and leaving an open space towards his house and starting it up?

Better put some on my head too. Shocked
tlj2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:28    Post subject: The best way to acheive a jammer Reply with quote
The best way to acheive a jammer ...

Make an open-to-everybody access point and let hundreds of people connect to it. You will find that things can jam up real easy from time to time all by themselfs.

My highest customer count on any of my APs has peaked over 400 and it keeps me busy tracking down those worm zombie infested clients. It can only take one infected client to really mess up (jam) a really nice network.

There - now you know how to make a jammer.

- As far as a real jammer... build one and we will find you as fast as we can drive to you... Finding a jammer or a screwed up radio is pretty easy to locate - and you can identify the location two ways - triangulate or drive with a directional antenna toward the noise.

I am planning on putting some directional antennas on my tower mounted pan-tilt-zoom cameras. Aim the camera and you aim the directional antenna. Aim a second tower camera/antenna then I know exactly where you are through trangulation and high zoom ability cameras..

anectine17
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:25    Post subject: Re: using a wrt54g as a wifi jammer? Reply with quote
bbsux wrote:
anectine17 wrote:
bbsux wrote:
anectine17 wrote:
bbsux wrote:

Some bastard broke a window in my house, someone broke into my vending machine and caused $300 damage, I found out I need to change the wax ring in my toilet, Its colder than a witch's teat after being doused in liquid nitrogen here, My POS HP laptop is broken and HP is being a real dick about taking it back for repair even when I have a whole other year on the warranty, my car battery died this morning, I'm getting a cold and feel like crap, I had to help setup 700 chairs at work while pretending to be "nice" when I feel like crap, I have to do a big setup tomorrow.

And I found out today that my 17 year old cat has kidney failure and is living on borrowed time. I have to give him loads of pills and subcue (under the skin) fluids twice a day until he dies.

-------

Why is it so hard to believe I didn't know it was illegal? I hear about Theatres using jammers all the time, why would I know the difference?

1-800-WAAHHHH. It's called LIFE!! Get over it!! Laughing

I don't think you were "doused" in liquid nitrogen.....you'd be dead.

It's Sub-Q....abbreviation for Subcutaneous.......I'm a Paramedic.....no explanation necessary. Twisted Evil

And I didn't accuse you of being a pothead. It was an analogy.....an attempt at humor.....which obviously went right over your head.

Sorry you're having a tough time.......I'll trade ya any day. Merry Christmas!!! Shocked

Linksys WRT54G v.4
Linksys WRT54G v.3.1
Linksys WRT54G v.1.1
Linksys WRT54GS v.1
2x Linksys WRT54G v.2.2

bbsux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:05    Post subject: Re: using a wrt54g as a wifi jammer? Reply with quote
anectine17 wrote:
bbsux wrote:
anectine17 wrote:
bbsux wrote:
anectine17 wrote:
bbsux wrote:

-------

1-800-WAAHHHH. It's called LIFE!! Get over it!! Laughing

I don't think you were "doused" in liquid nitrogen.....you'd be dead.

It's Sub-Q....abbreviation for Subcutaneous.......I'm a Paramedic.....no explanation necessary. Twisted Evil

And I didn't accuse you of being a pothead. It was an analogy.....an attempt at humor.....which obviously went right over your head.

Sorry you're having a tough time.......I'll trade ya any day. Merry Christmas!!! Shocked

Fine, I hope when you are down some body kicks you hard like you have done to me.
hyper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try to look on google for "wifi jammer"

They are not really cheap, but i'm sure it's worth it, to me it would be if i had such a pain in the ass neighboor
Desultory
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 17:17    Post subject: WiFi Camera Reply with quote
I don't know why this comes to mind, but a friend of mine had a very bad experience with a cheap wireless camera. It was a small little thing powered by a 9V battery, and a base unit you plugged into an ethernet port.

It stated on the box it used the unlicenced 2.4GHz specturm, but nothing about what format. It was very cheap, but he had to stop using it...

It seems that when turned on it utterly obliterated all wifi networks in the area. Not exactly the most discreet device... I could find out the manufacturer if you wish. So you can, um, put it up and gather any new evidence of your neighbour vandalising your property...
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: