Can't mount ext3 USB Drive - WNDR3700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
jimmzz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:22    Post subject: Can't mount ext3 USB Drive - WNDR3700 Reply with quote
Hey guys,

I have a WNDR3700 with 15778 on it. I am trying to setup a usb hd and cannot get it to mount. My fat32 thumbdrive can mount fine using automount, but when I put in my 500gb usb drive I get an "invalid argument" error. I've tried every configuration I can think of, I have the drive formatted exactly like this:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_-_Format_and_Partition_External_Storage_Device

I've tried insmod ext3 and other suggestions from the forum but to no avail.

If anyone has any suggestions or methods I should try I'd greatly appreciate it. I had the same problem with the build prior to this version.
Sponsor
kevinx17910
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
enable everything under the usb tab and try

insmod mbcache
insmod jbd
insmod ext3

what format is your 500gb hd?

My dir825 mounts 1tb ext3 hd no problem.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I try any of the insmod commands I get a file exists error.

My hd is 500gb ext3 drive. It mounts fine on my linux and windows pc's. I don't know what else to try or if there is a version of dd-wrt I should switch to. I just find it weird the flash drive mounts fine and the usb drive doesn't.
jimmzz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can anyone suggest a build I should use? It seems that ext3 and 15778 don't play nice together.
jimmzz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
For sake of bringing an answer to people who may have the same question as me, the ext3 not mounting issue has an open ticket which I assume applies to ALL BrainSlayer builds: http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/ticket/1877

However if anyone knows a workaround to this it would be greatly appreciated.
texas-saluki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
jimmzz wrote:
For sake of bringing an answer to people who may have the same question as me, the ext3 not mounting issue has an open ticket which I assume applies to ALL BrainSlayer builds: http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/ticket/1877

However if anyone knows a workaround to this it would be greatly appreciated.

I know this tread is a bit old...but did you figure out a way to get it to work? I cannot seem to figure out how to get this to work and I am on build 16785
texas-saluki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had to post this for others that maybe searching.

I was able to get a FAT formatted drive to work and kept thinking this was a formatting issue. Well I found another USB drive and formatted the same (it is smaller) but this one automounted as soon as I plugged it in... so it as the USB stick (HP v125W) no idea what is causing the problem but just a word to others it could be the drive / stick that is causing the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: