Does using a VPN service require the server setup?

gospelmidi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:25    Post subject: Does using a VPN service require the server setup? Reply with quote
VPN (the easy way) V24+ is a thorough tutorial. But it is over 7 years old; most of it is about setting up a VPN server, which I don't need; and the added code is Linux, whereas I'm running Windows.

I just want to use the Tiger VPN service on Windows 8.1. My Linksys WRT160NL runs DD-WRT firmware v24 PreSP2 [Beta] Build 21061 as a client bridge (think, range extender) to a cable modem/router, which has Linksys inside, I think. Tiger VPN support says their ready-to-use software, which is similar to OpenVPN, simultaneously anonymizes or hides both TCP-IP traffic for downloading in a browser and UDP traffic for torrenting.

But Tiger VPN doesn't configure the user router, and I suspect there may be some flags or switches that I need to set in the DD-WRT setup. That is probably redundant, like a belt and suspenders, but better safe than sorry.

Thank you for reading my request.
Thank you double if you give me the solution to the router configuration problem, if there even is a problem.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: