Cythrawl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
ac1115 wrote:
ok, try

Code:
wget -q "http://ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php?ipv4b=AU
TO&pass=$MD5PASSWD&user_id=$USERID&tunnel_id=$TUNNELID" -O /tmp/test

then read /tmp/test. if wget is functioning correctly, we should get something in the test file.

Also, the router you're setting ipv6 on has a working internet connection, yes?

also, that line is to automatically update the endpoint, which is also non-essential, but useful.

you could manually update the endpoint on the HE website and comment that line out if it's not playing nicely with your router.

OK I think I found what was causing it not to work on the router end..

Quote:
#update HE endpoint
echo -e wget -q "\042http://ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php?ipv4b=AUTO&pass=$MD5PASSWD&user_id=$USERID&tunnel_id=$TUNNELID\042" -O $CRON_STATUS_LOG_FILE >$CRON_JOB_FILE
chmod +x $CRON_JOB_FILE
wget -q "http://ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php?ipv4b=AUTO&pass=$MD5PASSWD&user_id=$USERID&tunnel_id=$TUNNELID" -O $STARTUP_SCRIPT_LOG_FILE

I Bolded what I changed ( I removed the \042).. I also changed both of the HTTP to HTTPS. It now completes the script (according to IPv6.log) but I still dont have a lastHEUpdate.log file

Report.sh shows the following :
Code:
root@DD-WRT:/tmp# cat report.sh
wget -q https://ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php?ipv4b=AUTO&pass=xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&user_id=xxxxdxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&tunnel_id=xxxxx" -O
 /tmp/lastHEUpdate.log
root@DD-WRT:/tmp#

IPV6.google.com works fine now from a browser.. So I am assuming its working now... Odd thing is Windows 7 still shows IPv6 as no connectivity (No Internet Access) on the status of the Network card... Is that normal?
Sponsor
ac1115
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
lastHEUpdate is the result of the cron job. you won't see one until cron runs at least one cycle.

do you see a radvd.conf file?

go to aaaa.test-ipv6.com for a thorough test to see if ipv6 is working for you.

the \042 prints a " (double quotation mark) character in the cron script. tbh, I'm not sure how that would effect it. But if it works, it works :)

A couple of hours ago I manually made the wget line and sent it using http, it seemed to work fine for me. Comment out those 3 lines in question and see if it continues if the ipv6 test fails.

As for windows 7, sorry can't help you there. My household only uses mac osx and ubuntu linux. I think the last windows I've used was XP a couple of years ago Razz
Cythrawl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
test-ipv6 works fine, just fails on one test which is ISP related

Quote:
Test if your ISP's DNS server uses IPv6
bad (0.249s)
http://aaaa.v6ns.test-ipv6.com/ip/?callback=?
(This is bonus credit)

This is a test of your ISP's resolver (instead of a test of your host). If this test passes, your DNS server (often ran by your ISP) is capable of reaching IPV6-only DNS authoritative servers on the internet. This is not critical (at this time) for you to reach sites via IPv6.

Thankyou for all your help, you have been very helpful in getting me to solve what was causing it.. I'm not worried about the IpV6 not showing connectivity in windows as it works on all three systems connected to the router.
Im sure thats another script for another time.. hahaha

Thanks again.. this was a cause of much hairloss.. Smile
ac1115
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
awesome! that's good to hear. No problem, glad to do my part with the move to ipv6 Very Happy
streetsofrage
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
guys i need a little help , i put in the script , but when i Go into Administration > Management
4. enable IPv6 and radvd.

i dont see enable ipv6 or radvd , im using Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) min
ac1115
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
your firmware is over a year old, it doesn't look like it has ipv6 support in it.

try a newer one.
streetsofrage
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks i just updated , now i see the ipv6 option but it still doesn't work i cant access ipv6.google.com
ac1115
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. do you have an account and tunnel created on the site
2. did you enter in your tunnel details correctly into the script?
3. did you leave out any quotation marks or add any spaces when you entered account details
4. can the router connect to the internet properly on boot?
5. check the /tmp dir for any log files generated by the script.
streetsofrage
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
ac1115 wrote:
1. do you have an account and tunnel created on the site yes
2. did you enter in your tunnel details correctly into the script? yes
3. did you leave out any quotation marks or add any spaces when you entered account details , i put the quotations with no spaces
4. can the router connect to the internet properly on boot? yes internet is working fine
5. check the /tmp dir for any log files generated by the script.no idea how to do this [/b]

i been trying for a week to setup an ipv6 tunnel , by the way this is my firmware Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/02/09) std

one other question when i make the tunnel my ipv4 endpoint is my ip address that im viewing from right ?
ac1115
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you know how to use telnet or ssh? SSH is better, but not all firmwares have it. But you should have telnet at the very least.

1. Enable either ssh or telnet in the router settings. If you have windows, google and download Putty. Mac/Linux has an ssh and telnet client built in.

2. Point the client to your router's ip address. It'll ask you for your username and pw. Use the same account info you use to login to the router's settings on the browers

3. enter these 4 commands one by one to see what the log has. some files might not exist or might be empty.

Code:
cat /tmp/ipv6.log
cat /tmp/lastHEUpdate.log
cat /tmp/report.sh
cat /tmp/radvd.conf

4. look through the output and censor anything personal. copy/paste the output here.
ac1115
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
streetsofrage wrote:
one other question when i make the tunnel my ipv4 endpoint is my ip address that im viewing from right ?

yes, your ipv4 endpoint is your current ipv4 address. the script should automatically set it for you. or you can manually set it on the HE's website.
streetsofrage
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
ac1115 wrote:
Do you know how to use telnet or ssh? SSH is better, but not all firmwares have it. But you should have telnet at the very least.

1. Enable either ssh or telnet in the router settings. If you have windows, google and download Putty. Mac/Linux has an ssh and telnet client built in.

2. Point the client to your router's ip address. It'll ask you for your username and pw. Use the same account info you use to login to the router's settings on the browers

3. enter these 4 commands one by one to see what the log has. some files might not exist or might be empty.

Code:
cat /tmp/ipv6.log
cat /tmp/lastHEUpdate.log
cat /tmp/report.sh
cat /tmp/radvd.conf

4. look through the output and censor anything personal. copy/paste the output here.

wow this makes no sense i keep getting login incorrect im using the right name and password ,telnet is enable , i tried with putty and telnet with ubuntu . i changed the password to access the router

Last edited by streetsofrage on Mon Jan 03, 2011 22:48; edited 1 time in total
ac1115
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
use root as the username, use the normal pw you use.

ubuntu should come with a telnet and ssh client. open a terminal and try
Code:
ssh root@(your-router-ip)
Code:
telnet (your-router-ip)
should also work
streetsofrage
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by streetsofrage on Mon Jan 03, 2011 23:08; edited 1 time in total
streetsofrage
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok hold on a sec , i just enabled https too on the router and now ipv6.google.com works !!! but when i do my ipv6 certification fro hurricane electric its says i dont appear to be using an ipv6 capable device
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: