allow some client and transmission torent go through OpenVPN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
ken-ywk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:49    Post subject: allow some client and transmission torent go through OpenVPN Reply with quote
Hi, Im using openVPN from a vpn service provider because my country throttle the torrent speed.

I've successfully setting up it into my DIR-825 DD-WRT and share it with laptop and 2 desktops.

My problem here is sometimes I need to play online game on my laptop but the latency is high with openvpn compare to direct connection.

Is there anyway to set only those 2 desktops to go through openvpn while laptop is on direct connection?

can it be controlled by IP or MAC?

Besides, I wish to setup transmission torrent daemon on dd-wrt soon like here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=248736

is there anyway to set only the transmission torrent daemon go through openvpn while other computers remain on direct connection?

thank you very much.
Sponsor
jenkov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your can mark IP/port with IPtables and set the route for that marks , but are you sure that you want to route torrents via OpenVPN ?

OpenVPN makes a serious load to the router , can't make a lot of throughput because of strong encryption and when route all this connections through the VPN router will be on 100 % load and can stuck.
ken-ywk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
thx for ur advice.. I'll experiment it because instead of turning on a pc 24/7 for torrenting, I wish to pass the job to the router if it is possible..
portsup
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes you can limit ips to openvpn with PBR and bind transmission to local vpn address and add that to the vpn table 10.

see my post https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=313661&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: