Unbrick WRT54G v5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
core2kid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 16:01    Post subject: Unbrick WRT54G v5 Reply with quote
Basically I was using Chrome to flash my router over a wireless connection (Terrible Idea). It completed and I hit refresh on the browser and it went to flashing the router again. I accidentally refreshed the browser and that was the end of my router.

Now I am trying to get it to work again but I've had no luck so far. I've gone as far as to erase cfe and reflash a known good cfe but the power light still blinks rapidly and I still get no IP on the computer. Any ideas or is this router shot?
Sponsor
Sabbot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Arrow see if you can tftp the firmware to it.
the tftp progeam is here on this site to download.
set your wired connection to 192.168.1.10 in network properties for the adapter. hopefully you will connect to it. <never use a wireless connection to flash anything> in the tftp program in the server tab type 192.168.1.1 then browse for the firmware file then send it.,,,going off memory here ,,, do a search on this site there should be a tutorial for that router,
for unbricking routers,if possible,

good luck to ya Exclamation
core2kid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I TFTP'd and it worked. I was so tired that I kept trying to TFTP without setting a static address. I thought the router would auto assign it.

It all works fine now. I love my WRT54G, my WRT160N is crap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: