Up and running, a few questions

0ldman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 17:29    Post subject: Up and running, a few questions Reply with quote
I've got a Trendnet PCI (Atheros 5212, lists abg but only G card), 256MB CF, 11/28 version registered, 900MHz Celeron running 256MB.

Does site survey not work?

5 and 10MHz channels, will normal clients be able to connect? I'm fairly certain mine is not handling this properly as I have 3500KBps bandwidth with full and quarter channel width.

Speed is seriously improved. I was getting 2000-2800KBps with a WRT54GS DD-WRT 5/16 SP1 final.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
site survey works only if ath0 is switched to client mode. its is a design problem of the atheros drivers

5 or 10 mhz channels is only usefull for 5 ghz and will only work if the oposite site is able todo 5 or 10 mhz too. with such modes its possible to increase the overall covering range also if the maximum bandwith is limited.
so 10 mhz allows just 26 mbit and 5 mhz about 12 mbit max

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quick answers, thanks!

What about the SR9? Will half and quarter channels work with it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
the sr9 has a own 5 and 10 mhz mapping. basicly it will work but if you read the documentation of the sr9 you will find out that some 2.5 ghz already mapped to 10 mhz etc.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I read about the mapping on Mikrotik forums. I wasn't sure if it was due to MT's setup or if it was remapping done by the Atheros drivers or hardware.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
its done by the card and has nothing todo with drivers. if you buy a sr9 you will get a sheet together with the card about the mapping

Navigation

Jump to: