Mulit Router Managent (mass SSID and key changes)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
smgg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 20:00    Post subject: Mulit Router Managent (mass SSID and key changes) Reply with quote
Hello All,

I am looking for advise. What sort of software have some of you folks used to manage multi site dd-wrt installs.

Specifically I would like to be able to do same day SSID and key changes across all devices without having to logon to each one.

I have seen, via searching in the forums, links to many different hotspot systems. However I do not want or need to provide a portal.

Any advise or pointers (even to scripted solutions) would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
segelhof
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your best bet would be to enable SSH and do things via the command line. We operate 130 of these suckers out there and they are all setup identically. So when we change something we just do it via scripts we have created that use 'expect' (look for linux 'expect') to do nvram changes. I know you can change the SSID via nvram. It would be my assumption you can do the WPA keys too but am not for sure since we don't use encryption.

A good starting point would be to enable SSH and do 'nvram show' which will list all the nvram variables you can modify.
Also google 'linux expect' for automating some scripts, they are actually pretty easy to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: