USB Drivers / Ext HDD Support Asus WL500G Delux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
cpcnw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 13:30    Post subject: USB Drivers / Ext HDD Support Asus WL500G Delux Reply with quote
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std - build 14896

I'd like to enable / use my external USB hard disk for storage [actually to install lighttpd and as webroot - but that's another task ...]

First thing I need to do is get the USB drivers loaded and working. I read in the forums someone mentions 'USB Disc' as part of the Admininstration Snap-In in the GUI but in the mega build. Standard doesnt seem to have this which suggests USB support is built into mega and not stndrd?

I dont think this router supports the mega build so was wondering if there is anyway to retrospectively add USB drivers / support to either standard or mini builds?

Any pointers appreciated.
Sponsor
cpcnw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Found this version from the pull down on the Asus WL500G section of the router database [the latest one that had 'usb' in the title]

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) mini-usb-ftp - build 13064

I now have the 'core usb support tab'

Goes away to format ext hdd ...
cpcnw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
All gone to plan as per 'Optware right way' in Wiki.

USB HDD detected and mounted on /opt and infos available in SERVICE | USB snap-in panel

All non required services switched off [still have the mystery flickering LAN LED though? - lol!]

Next on list ... lighttpd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: