WNDR3700 + WNDAP350 mesh/repeat?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
andrewbadera
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:48    Post subject: WNDR3700 + WNDAP350 mesh/repeat? Reply with quote
Hi all-

New-ish to DD-WRT, flirted with it for a while, had my linux firewall/router box die so I bought a Buffalo n-band router this week. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it wasn't dual-band, so I'm returning it for a Netgear WNDR3700 instead.

I was already running the Netgear WNDAP350 dual-band AP to provide wireless on top of my linux box, and LOVE IT -- super solid, high-power output prosumer equipment, without a doubt. I'm guessing the WNDR3700, even with DD-WRT, will give me similarly strong coverage ... which unfortunately means there are probably still a few crucial gaps in my far corners of my apartment.

Can I utilize the WNDAP350, which based on light searching and reading, I cannot put DD-WRT on, (I only see support for routers, not APs?) along with the WNDR3700 with DD-WRT installed, to create a mesh network or repeater scenario, without additional equipment, in my apartment to give me true 100% coverage? (FWIW, I'm also running powerline Ethernet, but until the next gen hits the stores, it's still not quite fast enough for big data-transfer needs, but if that can help facilitate coverage, I'm open to working it in.)

Thanks in advance-
--ab
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: