Linksys wrt160N Will Not Connect to Internet - Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
khaleel19
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 20:01    Post subject: Linksys wrt160N Will Not Connect to Internet - Help! Reply with quote
Hi guys,
I am new to DD-WRT. I flashed my linksys wrt160n router successfully. However, I am now unable to connect to the internet through the router. If I connect the ethernet cable directly to the computer from the modem it works. I am not sure what is going on as far as setting up the router.

I have a speedtouch modem and my ISP is yak if that helps.
I have tried:
- Mac Cloning
- changing connections type
- disabling connection type and checking 'assign wan port to switch'

I am really stumbled as to why this is not connecting. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Sponsor
johnhc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 21:18    Post subject: Re: Linksys wrt160N Will Not Connect to Internet - Help! Reply with quote
khaleel19 wrote:
Hi guys,
I am new to DD-WRT. I flashed my linksys wrt160n router successfully. However, I am now unable to connect to the internet through the router. If I connect the ethernet cable directly to the computer from the modem it works. I am not sure what is going on as far as setting up the router.

I have tried:
- Mac Cloning

I am really stumbled as to why this is not connecting. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
khaleel19, please give us some more information. What build of DD-WRT did you flash? Did you follow the instructions for your router in the Wiki and do the required 30-30-30 resets? Please look at the WAN tab under Status and tell us if you see a connection. Enjoy, John.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 21:37    Post subject: Re: Linksys wrt160N Will Not Connect to Internet - Help! Reply with quote
khaleel19 wrote:
Hi guys,

I have tried:
- Mac Cloning

if Murrkf, Readtheannouncements, or Donny was here, you'd be getting flamed..

Read this:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486

Then when you post back if that link (note 7 & 14) do not help, explain your isp connection.. dsl, cable, etc..

Glad I could help :)

dunno yak but I am willing to learn Razz

Navigation

Jump to: