WHR-G300N loses WAN connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
am0k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:55    Post subject: WHR-G300N loses WAN connection Reply with quote
Hello,

Two days ago my WHR-G300N started acting wierd. It started with it losing WAN connection one night. I'm using the unit as a gateway. I noticed that if you do a DHCP renew you regain WAN access, but the thing here is that it only works for 12-16 minutes then dies again.

There isn't any problem with the ISP, because I can connect a computer straight to the WAN and keep surfin' all night long :)

I've tried hard resetting it, I also did a firmware upgrade (went from 12966 -> 14896) to no avail. It still drops WAN after 12-16 minutes.

I'm beginning to think that it really is b0rked.

Has anyone else experienced similar things?

Any suggestion on what else I could try?
Sponsor
hching
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't have a solution but I think i have the same problem. The WAN connection (connected through DHCP) sometimes stays for days but sometime just a few hours and I can get it back by hitting the "renew" button, or reboot.

This brings me to another problem because the "Keep Alive" option doesn't quite work correctly. It only reboots in its first scheduled time.

I am trying to set up a Cron job but I haven't got enough time to find out if this at least fixes part of the problem.

Any permanent fixes will really make this a very reliable router.
bason
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am not using the WHR-G300N as my primary router, but using it as an AP has been working very well for around a week now.
Maybe other dd-wrt'ers could help. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: