Vizio XWR100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
shawnmos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for this. You can't flash over wifi or it will fail. You have to hook it up with an ethernet cable.
Sponsor
Landmass
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 19:55    Post subject: THANK YOU!!! Reply with quote
I am so glad that someone released a new firmware for this device. It seems to be a decent device but the stock firmware was the worst that I have seen. I'm going to flash it tonight after work.
blongstaff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got it now. I think when I was trying before I didn't shut off the wireless on my laptop. I'm guessing that was the issue.

Thanks to those who put this together. I'm hoping it makes the router more stable. I really don't want to spend the money on a new one.
olivierje
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:59    Post subject: Many Thanks! Reply with quote
Flashed and works perfectly, you are the best!
blongstaff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been using this for several months on the new firmware and it has been rock solid. I set it up to reset once a day at 4 in the morning. I have only needed to do one manual reset since. It's bad**s
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 19:13    Post subject: Re: openWRT now supports XWR100 Reply with quote
dony71 wrote:
can grab source from https://github.com/cmtsij/VIZIO_XWR100
this source based on barrier breaker
for anybody who are lazy to compile himself,
can grab factory firmware upgrade from my share folder
http://www.mediafire.com/?yped6gpxpnnp7zb
this image based on attitude adjustment

I'm not too lazy but I am time constrained, thanks for the link.

BrainSlayer Builds

DD-WRT Changelog RSS Feed
enumhack
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have been trying this bin for a few weaks and it is very solid. A big improvement form the vizio firmware.

I notice it does not support USB HDD. Is there any way I can get that to work? Any help will be appreciated.
c.lei
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
enumhack wrote:
I have been trying this bin for a few weaks and it is very solid. A big improvement form the vizio firmware.

I notice it does not support USB HDD. Is there any way I can get that to work? Any help will be appreciated.

It does support USB HDD. You most likely need to use a powered usb hub with your drive.
cmtsij
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just FYI if someone need Openwrt Attitude Adjustment for XWR100, please follow my github:
https://github.com/cmtsij/OpenWrt_AttitudeAdjustment/tree/Board/XWR100
c.lei
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
cmtsij wrote:
Just FYI if someone need Openwrt Attitude Adjustment for XWR100, please follow my github:
https://github.com/cmtsij/OpenWrt_AttitudeAdjustment/tree/Board/XWR100

Thanks for the update.
rearden_metal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 20:07    Post subject: Backup Reply with quote
Does anyone have a backup handy for this router? I managed to delete my bootloader, and can't seem to find mine.

I am already connected to the flash memory over SPI, and am able to read/write to it.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:

To clarify, I have the .bin of the firmware, but without a full backup, I cannot restore parts of the flash that dd-wrt never writes to.
cmtsij
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:16    Post subject: Re: Backup Reply with quote
rearden_metal wrote:
Does anyone have a backup handy for this router? I managed to delete my bootloader, and can't seem to find mine.

I am already connected to the flash memory over SPI, and am able to read/write to it.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:

To clarify, I have the .bin of the firmware, but without a full backup, I cannot restore parts of the flash that dd-wrt never writes to.

I dump it from my router:
https://github.com/cmtsij/Vizio_XWR100_GPL/releases/download/1.01.02/mtdblock0_uboot.tar.xz
garbage911
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for taking the time to update the firmware on this otherwise orphaned router.

the router itself is solid but the stock firmware was abandoned ages ago.

thanks agin
cduck737
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Being an extreme novice to networking I was able to flash the modem with success, but struggling to find how to put a password on it. Can someone help me locate that? Thanks
jongarcia88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Love the updated openwrt firmware!!! It gave a new life to this router. I was getting tired of the stock firmware and having to reboot often.
The upgrade was so easy with the compiled openwrt firmware, it is great.

One question: Can someone provide a version of the firmware with openVPN/PPTP/LT2P already installed?

You cannot install the modules from the Luci interface. It looks they have to compiled specifically for that router.

Thank you!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: