Buffalo Routers Revert Procedure Collection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
BuffaloRouter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 13:53    Post subject: Buffalo Routers Revert Procedure Collection Reply with quote
Hi Guys.

To make all the revert factory procedure in on thread

This is what i gather

For WZR-HP-G300NH

Method 1 Tftp

http://g300nh.blogspot.com/2010/06/firmware-flash-and-brick-recovery.html

Method 2 Web Flash

http://g300nh.blogspot.com/2010/06/flash-between-dd-wrt-and-official.html

Method 3 Cross Flashing between regional Buffalo router

http://scarygliders.net/?p=13

** Might be appliable to other models below **

For WHR-HP-G300N

--Till Date above 2 methods do not work - (Tested)

Ronnie_USA's recommendation method which seem to be same as method 1 above
WHR-HP-G300N

I used a Ubuntu Live CD, but other distro's should also work. The Ubuntu LiveCD can be booted also from a USB flash drive.

1. Do Step 1-4 in "TFTP recovery in Windows" except we don't need Linksys TFTP utility here. So we have MAC address ready, router unpowered and the computer is directly connected to the router.
2. After booting into Ubuntu, open a terminal and type:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install tftp-hpa

Now You Will Want To Unplug The Router From Your Power Source To Finish The Recovery.

sudo /etc/init.d/networking stop
sudo ifconfig eth0 192.168.11.2
sudo ifconfig eth0 netmask 255.255.255.0
sudo arp -s 192.168.11.1 00:1D:12:34:56:78
#change to the folder where you put the firmware image, if it's on desktop then it's That is where I copyed it to.
#"/home/ubuntu/Desktop".
cd /home/ubuntu/Desktop
tftp 192.168.11.1
*from this point, you're under tftp command prompt, the "tftp>" is the prompt tftp gives you, you just need to type the command AFTER that.
tftp> verbose
tftp> binary
tftp> trace
tftp> rexmt 1
tftp> timeout 60
tftp> put Professional14512.bin

Replace the fictional MAC with the router's. All command you need to input is in italic. Also replace Professional14512.bin with the firmware you need, in case of stock firmware, its UserFriendly_1.82_1.12.enc or Professional14512.enc.

Also, at this point, the router is still unpowered and that's OK. Tftp will keep trying to send the firmware to the router and when it fails (because the router isn't yet on or hasn't yet brought up it's tftp interface) it will wait 1 second and retry, up to 60 times as that's how we set up the tftp client.
3. Now quickly plug the power cord back to the router. The router will start up and you will see some lights blinking (possibly). About 10-20 seconds in, you should notice that tftp is sending the file. instead of the retry message over and over you will see some progress scrolling down the screen and at the end it will tell you how many blocks or bytes were transferred in how many second.
4. After the transfer is complete, wait about 5-10 minutes the router will reboot itself. When the wireless LED is on you're good to go.
5. Bring the network back in Linux by typing

sudo service networking start

The reason I had to use the Ubuntu Live CD is My computer is a Windows 7 computer, and I don't have a switch or a working second router.

For WHR-G300N V1 & V2

- any updates -

All inputs are welcome and i will update accordingly

Last edited by BuffaloRouter on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:43; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
BuffaloRouter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
no reply yet..
Ronnie_USA
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
WHR-HP-G300N

I used a Ubuntu Live CD, but other distro's should also work. The Ubuntu LiveCD can be booted also from a USB flash drive.

1. Do Step 1-4 in "TFTP recovery in Windows" except we don't need Linksys TFTP utility here. So we have MAC address ready, router unpowered and the computer is directly connected to the router.
2. After booting into Ubuntu, open a terminal and type:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install tftp-hpa

Now You Will Want To Unplug The Router From Your Power Source To Finish The Recovery.

sudo /etc/init.d/networking stop
sudo ifconfig eth0 192.168.11.2
sudo ifconfig eth0 netmask 255.255.255.0
sudo arp -s 192.168.11.1 00:1D:12:34:56:78
#change to the folder where you put the firmware image, if it's on desktop then it's That is where I copyed it to.
#"/home/ubuntu/Desktop".
cd /home/ubuntu/Desktop
tftp 192.168.11.1
*from this point, you're under tftp command prompt, the "tftp>" is the prompt tftp gives you, you just need to type the command AFTER that.
tftp> verbose
tftp> binary
tftp> trace
tftp> rexmt 1
tftp> timeout 60
tftp> put Professional14512.bin

Replace the fictional MAC with the router's. All command you need to input is in italic. Also replace Professional14512.bin with the firmware you need, in case of stock firmware, its UserFriendly_1.82_1.12.enc or Professional14512.enc.

Also, at this point, the router is still unpowered and that's OK. Tftp will keep trying to send the firmware to the router and when it fails (because the router isn't yet on or hasn't yet brought up it's tftp interface) it will wait 1 second and retry, up to 60 times as that's how we set up the tftp client.
3. Now quickly plug the power cord back to the router. The router will start up and you will see some lights blinking (possibly). About 10-20 seconds in, you should notice that tftp is sending the file. instead of the retry message over and over you will see some progress scrolling down the screen and at the end it will tell you how many blocks or bytes were transferred in how many second.
4. After the transfer is complete, wait about 5-10 minutes the router will reboot itself. When the wireless LED is on you're good to go.
5. Bring the network back in Linux by typing

sudo service networking start

The reason I had to use the Ubuntu Live CD is My computer is a Windows 7 computer, and I don't have a switch or a working second router.

Good Luck to all that needs to do this because it works.

With frater's simple ad-blocking script
it.raymond
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried, it does not work it seems....
if I power off the router, network inteface eth0 will be down automatically.

Could you help?
Please advise.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
it.raymond wrote:
I have tried, it does not work it seems....
if I power off the router, network inteface eth0 will be down automatically.

Could you help?
Please advise.

You need to try with a switch (10/100 or even gigabit) inbetween you and the router. This way, it wont "wait" for windows to detect the port power, it'll be ready already with no eth0 down auto.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Lyane
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you I used your method and I was able to successfully revert my Japanese version of WHR-HP-G300N. Thank you so much.
thetechmonkey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:13    Post subject: Installing DD-WRT on WHR-HP-G300N Japanese Model (A0 A2) Reply with quote
Any quick how-to's out there for installing DD-WRT on the WHR-HP-G300N Japanese version? And which version of DD-WRT can be installed on it? Running Windows 7 & Mac! Ubuntu lying around if necessary, but I'd like to attempt from the fore-mentioned OS's first.

Thanks
kiesa2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello everyone i try install in buffalo wzr-hp-g300ng BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2 06-14-11-r17201 wzr-hp-g300nh2-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin firmware.And buffalo stopped working.Now always rebooting.I see only green power led and red led.Windows recovery metod not working and linux not working in live cd.Very please help how i can recovery buffalo.Maybe what can help?Please write skype nick kiesa3.Buffalo looks now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJTbcpKbxEg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: