buffalo released official ddwrt firmware for WZR-HP-G300NH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
ggilman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Official firmware worked fine for 41 minutes. At that point, I could no longer connect to the WAN side at all. Couldn't even get a new IP address. LAN side seemed just fine.

Revered to standard stock since I had the firmware sitting here & still couldn't get IP address even though I could get one fine connecting my PC directly to the cable modem. Did a 30-30-30 with no luck. Back to new Official dd-wrt & still no IP address.... another 30-30-30 and I seem to be back up for the moment.
Sponsor
ghorn1975
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:24    Post subject: grrrrr Reply with quote
They removed the samba system from it. Im going to revert back to the "unofficial" version
anewkirk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think i'll save myself some trouble and just watch the results in this thread instead of trying this new firmware out for myself. I hope all the dd-wrt issues are resolved on this router someday, but if that day comes I fear it won't be soon.

BTW...the latest Backfire 10.03.1-rc3 has some nice improvements for this router over the "old" 10.03 version (most were added in 10.03.1-rc1 but a few more were added in rc3). You should check this out if you haven't done so already.
AfterShock
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
yup, I'm going back to stock, this is about as stable as some of the version were months ago except with this version overall ping and net speed are negatively impacted and I've yet to go an hour before hitting a complete router crash, I went a month straight without a reboot on the stock fw, I think in the end the trade-off from switching to dd-wrt instead of overhauling there own brand will be a disastrous business decision for buffalo, I don't see this getting to be stable enough to call professional grade equipment within a years time and patience is running thin.
noobookbig
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Trying to update from official 1.74 to proversion (dd-wrt buffalo official)

I got the message "Invalid file"

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok i left the router on overnight with a laptop copying files over the wifi, here are the results:

for some strange reasons the above screenshot shows that the client uptime is only 2 hours 16 mins when infact i did have the client connect up at the same time the router was powered on.
this screenshot here i took at the same time as the above screenshot shows that my transfer was still going and wasnt inturrupted by any disconnections:

as you can see the link speed dropped for some reason the 11mb and is stuck at 11mb, however when i put my phone on the wifi few mins ago the phone was getting 48mb connection. weird.

total uptime is comming up to 8 hours now and my file transfer is still going, the screenshot shows iv put over 50 gigabytes of mkv videos over the wifi while i was sleeping. before i couldnt even go for 30 mins before router locked up.
the 30/30/30 reset seems to have done something since dd-wrt has never lasted this long before on this router, especially with constant wifi usage.

one drawback is that my phone doesnt connect to the wifi anymore from the garden, with 13dbm tx power thats no surprise i guess.

will leave my transfer running througout the day and see how things develop.
AfterShock
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've noticed with all the dd-wrt builds the only way I can maintain 21dbm is using g and 20mhz channel width. If I use n/g mixed with dynamic channel width it will remain at 21dbm until someone with wireless n connects then it drops like a rock and requires a reboot to get ti back to 21dbm. Not sure what they did but they took some of the little progress that has been made in dd-wrt and threw it out the window.
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
atleast your getting 21, im stuck on 13.

im gonna try some different values now and see if it makes a difference.

also forgot to mention this before, but the router deffo boots up faster when running dd-wrt. with stock firmware it takes a while to boot up and get running. i tink it may be due to dd-wrt being smaller in size??
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
iv set my ack timing to 300 and its given me a bit of a speed bump, now averaging 2.5 megabytes per second over wifi transfer. and the bandwidth charts feature is fantastic.

im wondering if i should put my ack timing even lower, since coverage in the house the majority of the areas that need wifi are under 50 meters away from the access point. so ack timing of 100 or 110 is probably ideal. more testing will need to be done i guess.
lordgreg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
does the connection on this build stay on 300mbit wifi if you connect on with N standard or does it drop to 144 (130mbit) as in unofficial version?
AfterShock
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
it drops like the rest of the dd-wrt builds which I sort of figured because of the mad wifi driver being used, sometimes I can get g mode to run at 104 by using n/g mixed with dynamic channel width but the dbm will start dropping as soon as it goes over 54.
Robos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
How to rollback the Non DD-WRT powered Official FW? thx in advance.
ubcjack
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
From wiki
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-G300NH

To revert from DD-WRT back to stock firmware, go to http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=13418, and download the file. Flash using upgrade on the DD-WRT web GUI. This is the 1.6 stock firmware. You can then upgrade to the latest Buffalo firmware.
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
i reverted back from buffalo official dd-wrt to the buffalo 1.74 firmware by just downloading 1.74 firmware from buffalo site and doing a upgrade in dd-wrt admin tab for firmware upgrade with it. very simple to go back and forth.
rkaede
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
slybunda wrote:
i reverted back from buffalo official dd-wrt to the buffalo 1.74 firmware by just downloading 1.74 firmware from buffalo site and doing a upgrade in dd-wrt admin tab for firmware upgrade with it. very simple to go back and forth.

really that simple ??? no need the 30-30-30 thingy ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: