PPTP VPN Broken for iOS devices. Solutions 4 Current Builds?

jw15851
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 15:32    Post subject: PPTP VPN Broken for iOS devices. Solutions 4 Current Builds? Reply with quote
    Searched the Forums
    Found 5+ different startup scripts (none work).
    Several Hours of Google Searching.
    Bloodied my head banging it against this...

Bottom line: PPTP no workie with iOS, and I'm not alone.

I've been successful in the past getting older builds of DD-WRT to work with Win7, and iOS PPTP VPN, (with startup script), but the newer builds won't cooperate. This seems to be a wide spread problem, with lots of posts and no solutions other than the ever helpful "check the wiki".

There is also conflicting info. (Change MTU/MRU to 1400, 1450, 1300, don't change MTU... set server IP to a vacent IP address, set server IP to router IP address... Broadcast... no broadcast... etc. etc.)

I PM'd one of the DD-WRT Gods, <kong>, about it, and he said the following back (which makes no sense to me because I'm not that advanced...):

Quote:
Recent builds disable old unsecure pptp encryption methods, most likely your problem, see client.options:

refuse-pap
refuse-chap
refuse-mschap

Not sure if that will help anyone... In my particular instance, I'm getting the "server disconnected" message almost straight away, so it's not even getting through the hand shaking to the password/encryption part.

If anyone has had success with recent builds of DDWRT PPTP VPN working with iOS devices, please, pretty please, post your startup scripts and settings.

Then let's sticky this post.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: