Samba and swap without optware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
bigmfkr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:05    Post subject: Samba and swap without optware Reply with quote
Is it possible to install and run samba3 and swap-utils without installing optware?
The reason I ask is because Brainslayer said there currently is no optware for my DIR-825, but the question may be of interest for everyone with Atheros HW.

I tried different ways of downloading and installing the packages (from here mostly, since ipkg tutorial points there), but encountered various fails, from unresolved symbols to missing /etc/rc.conf .

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
ccdoggy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://g300nh.blogspot.com/

I used that info to get my wndr3700 running with samba3 and a few other fun things.

good luck
bigmfkr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks a lot! Looks just like what I need, and that's awesome! Will try it out in a few days.
antking3806
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have problems with samba3 starting after reboot please read my post at the bottom of the samba blog.
Good Luck
bigmfkr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, that did the trick for samba. Can't figure out swap though. The binaries mentioned in the blog (both busybox and swap-utils) have swap disabled - I keep getting "Function not implemented" when running swapon.
glipman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
bigmfkr wrote:
Thanks, that did the trick for samba. Can't figure out swap though. The binaries mentioned in the blog (both busybox and swap-utils) have swap disabled - I keep getting "Function not implemented" when running swapon.

If I recall correctly the message is "Kernel: Function not implemented"
The problem is not with the utilities but with the kernel (firmware) that does not support swapping. I believe it is excluded because some past versions had problems with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: