Slight issues w/ Client Bridge on NetGear WGT624 v4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Cael
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 18:58    Post subject: Slight issues w/ Client Bridge on NetGear WGT624 v4 Reply with quote
man was that a pain lastnight flashing and getting the timing right to get Redboot! had to let the PC First get the IP then Quickly powercycle before i got redboot. (having an soder prob w/ its ac Jack helped that! >:3)

after it taking nearly an hr.. i got dd-wrt on it and noticed the WAN Port is still unusable at the moment. so i setit up for Client Bridge everytime no Matter the router IP i gave it on the main setup tab. the pc i had connected to it gave me an IP Conflict.

now before anyone asks the main Router its bridging for is the Linksys WRVS4400N >_> i had to set an Static IP Manually before it'd bridge. but if i left an virtual AP setup that breaks the bridge... though i only intend honestly this to be an "Lan to Wireless" adapter for the 360 to do MediaCenter (i dont have a tv in my room but a Nice 22inch widescreen hdmi ready monitor :3 and my roomates pc is runnin win7 w/ a ati tv tuner)

as is now i havent tested how the 360 will react but this laptop is working right it has the same static ip as if i was wirlessly connected to the linksys or directly connected to it.

i would of Just used my WRT54G v2.2 for this but thats in the living room actaing as an adpter to my XBMC enabled Orginal Xbox but i didnt haveto set an static IP for That router w/ the WRVS4400N to work in client bridge...

but for now its working just not really Out of the box and i now have 2 DD-WRT routers :3 shame the WRVS4400N uses an marvel processor woulda liked to see DD-WRT on it one day.. exactly why (and this should be posted back over in thr right section but.) why cant DD-WRT be ported ? i mean whats so wrong about that router's CPU?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: