D-Link DIR-632

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Jirka1982
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys
Have this D-Link DIR-632 router and because of continuous connection dropouts I have decided to replace the original firmware with DDWRT.

I'll post my experiences soon.

to Cmp_Cmndo:
Your problem seems to be power related. Did you check for voltage dropouts or instability?

On the other hand truth is that this router has some faulty components. My router had been also experiencing some voltage instability and has undertaken repair in the authorized service workshop where some parts have been replaced. Tomorrow I can peak under the cover to determine which parts..

Update:

Today I have uploaded DD-WRT firmware to my router, everything went smoothly without any problems.
So far so good. I am running version r25760.

I have also checked for replaced components on the board and it looks like that two electrolytic capacitors have been resoldered. Maybe that was the cause of voltage instability in my router.

Nevertheless when I look at the board there are obviously missing components especially around the power input. I guess these components should have been there in original manufacturer's concept, but then some cost cutting experts came with their cost production saving recommendations and the result is just that empty component fingerprints on the board. It must have negative result on stability and overall robustness. Too bad for us users of this router Sad

Last edited by Jirka1982 on Tue May 26, 2015 14:20; edited 5 times in total
Sponsor
booger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone know how to get DLNA working with this router?
nickj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all. I want to run tcpdump , which apparently comes with the "big" and "mega" dd-wrt builds.

I'm running dd-wrt "release: 05/06/15 (SVN revision: 26839)" on the DIR-632a, which was downloaded from: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/05-06-2015-r26839/dlink-dir632a/

Is this a big or mega build? If not, is there a reasonably current build which is a big or mega build, for the DIR632? I'm assuming here that this unit supports these larger builds.
IHate404
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI >>> i really don't know too much about DD-WRT.

I'm trying to change from Dlinks stock firmware to DD-WRT.

My Router is the D-Link DIR-632.

I have exactly followed the instructions on this web page:

http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-632

I get the following message:

Upload Failed

The uploaded firmware file may not be correct. You may have uploaded a file that is not intended for this Gateway, or the uploaded file may be corrupted.

If the uploaded file is correct, it is possible that the gateway may be too busy to properly receive it right now. In this case, please try the upload again. It is also possible that you are logged in as a 'user' instead of an 'admin' - only administrators can upload new firmware.

The Gateway will not be reprogrammed

------

I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas?

Thanks.[/i]
mii
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
recently purchased one of these via Amazon to replace a bog standard Talktalk fibre router (Huawei HG533) as I wanted the extra Ethernet ports.

Stability is okay - not as bad as some seem to have encountered, but still not as stable as previous router, so I'm considering trying DD-WRT Smile

The DIR-632 supplied has Russian as the default lang, and the interface looks nothing like D-Links help pages and support has already ceased for this model.

I can grab the files and hex edit NA to WW as I'm in UK as per http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-632 and read that r25760 was latest confirmed as posted above.
sticker on my unit states H/W Ver: A1 F/W Ver: 1.0.0

Am I ok to go ahead with the above? does anyone use this particular (Russian?) version and have any advice regarding set-up / problems?
any advice much appreciated as I've not done anything like this before
Iroca
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:05    Post subject: DIR 632 Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new to dd-wrt I updated my firmware to 1.03NA to dd-wrt latest firmware(08/25/15) but when I install it. My router become like this

Reason for upgrading: Because of Drop out

By the way i follow the instruction in here except the last step. The hard reset. Because i don't know how. I follow the instruction on how to hard reset in this link www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30 but didn't work

Is this safe to use?

Update:
It is safe to not hard reset? and i will i know if it is been hard reset?
nickj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:29    Post subject: Re: DIR 632 Reply with quote
Iroca wrote:
This turn into green to orange when i install dd wrt

Yes, on my DIR-632 with DD-wrt, the power light is orange, but the other lights are green (e.g. WiFi, LAN ports, etc). It works fine. I'm on "DD-WRT 20150825 r27745 beta", but I've been running DD-WRT betas on it since March 2015, and I think they've all had an orange light there.

Short version: Don't worry about the orange light.
Yelti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried to install ddwrt and I tried openwrt afterwards.

Now I'm in a situation that I can reflash openwrt through the failsafe ui, but I can't flash the original firmware or ddwrt.

When flashing the original firmware, the flashing works but I can't access the router. I get no dhcp address, wireless is not working either.

When I flash the ddwrt firmware I get a signature failure.

I think I need to find a proper way to clear the nvram after the stock firmware flash but the 5 or 10 second reset button method doesn't work.

Anyone an idea on how to revert to ddwrt or stock?
Yelti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was able to flash the router to d-link firmware using the firmware from: ftp://ftp.dlink.ru/pub/Router/DIR-632/Firmware/

On the .com site only version 1.3 was available, now I have version 1.4.1
vanenk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 17:35    Post subject: Any assistance would be appreciated! Reply with quote
I have a DIR-632, running FW v24-sp2 build 19342. It serves as a router/gateway for my home network, attached to a D3 8X4 modem. My internet plan is a 50/10. Here's my dilemma:

When I connect a PC directly to the modem, I can consistently achieve downspeeds of 50+. When attached to the router, I was initially able to consistently get ~15 down. In the last few days of researching this, I decided to modify the router MTU, which has resulted in improved downspeeds of ~20. On isolated occasions over the last year, I have been able to achieve downspeeds of up to 45, but it only happens sporadically (1x/month on average). Upload speeds are consistently 5. This doesn't matter if I am wired or wireless to the router. And it is consistent whether I test on Ookla or dslreports.

All the information I have read online discusses MTU (which I already addressed), inadequate router processor, bad cables, no gigabit ethernet, etc. I'm not sure those are the problems- here's why:

-Processor capacity- even with heavy downloading, I have never seen more than 0.14 processor usage- most of the time, it stays under 0.10.

-Cables- used the same cables for connecting directly to the modem and the router.

-Gigabit port- the computer I use to connect directly to the modem does not have gigabit ethernet, so I don't think that's it- besides, I am looking at 50 Mbps.

-I have used more than 3 different devices/computers to test, and results have been consistent.

So from everything I can see, it appears the bottleneck is the router, for whatever reason. I have QOS turned off, don't have any services running. Any ideas what other settings or issues might be limiting my speed? I am perfectly willing to accept that the router might need replacing, I am just frustrated that it works perfectly otherwise.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.
plaws
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 21:10    Post subject: Port Forwarding? DD-WRT v3.0-r28015 std (10/23/15) Reply with quote
Just updated to this in the hopes of making port forwarding work (gave up on static DHCP entries). Unfortunately, this is still broken.

Any idea if/when it will be fixed? I'd really like for my VoIP to work.
seeder
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 22:01    Post subject: Dlink-DIR-632A - WIFI "freeze" Reply with quote
Hi!

I'm running DD-WRT v3.0-r28598 std (12/24/15) (already tried others) on Dlink-DIR-632A.

Sometimes my client devices get frozen. Internet connectivity doesn't work, lan connectivity doesn't work, pings don't work...

This only happens on wifi. Physical interfaces work just fine so it seems.

Any hint?
big_al
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 17:59    Post subject: Re: Dlink-DIR-632A - WIFI "freeze" Reply with quote
seeder wrote:
Hi!

I'm running DD-WRT v3.0-r28598 std (12/24/15) (already tried others) on Dlink-DIR-632A.

Sometimes my client devices get frozen. Internet connectivity doesn't work, lan connectivity doesn't work, pings don't work...

This only happens on wifi. Physical interfaces work just fine so it seems.

Any hint?

I've used DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std (SVN revision 21061) for a few years with no issues, using basic functionality and MAC address filtering on an otherwise unsecured network. I tried 25760 for a few days but had trouble with wireless there and reverted back to 21061 today. Maybe there's a reason 21061 is the rev mentioned in the setup advice for the DIR-632!
alex.makap
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 23:46    Post subject: Re: Any assistance would be appreciated! Reply with quote
Hi!
I have same problems! Have you any solution?

vanenk wrote:
I have a DIR-632, running FW v24-sp2 build 19342. It serves as a router/gateway for my home network, attached to a D3 8X4 modem. My internet plan is a 50/10. Here's my dilemma:

When I connect a PC directly to the modem, I can consistently achieve downspeeds of 50+. When attached to the router, I was initially able to consistently get ~15 down. In the last few days of researching this, I decided to modify the router MTU, which has resulted in improved downspeeds of ~20. On isolated occasions over the last year, I have been able to achieve downspeeds of up to 45, but it only happens sporadically (1x/month on average). Upload speeds are consistently 5. This doesn't matter if I am wired or wireless to the router. And it is consistent whether I test on Ookla or dslreports.

All the information I have read online discusses MTU (which I already addressed), inadequate router processor, bad cables, no gigabit ethernet, etc. I'm not sure those are the problems- here's why:

-Processor capacity- even with heavy downloading, I have never seen more than 0.14 processor usage- most of the time, it stays under 0.10.

-Cables- used the same cables for connecting directly to the modem and the router.

-Gigabit port- the computer I use to connect directly to the modem does not have gigabit ethernet, so I don't think that's it- besides, I am looking at 50 Mbps.

-I have used more than 3 different devices/computers to test, and results have been consistent.

So from everything I can see, it appears the bottleneck is the router, for whatever reason. I have QOS turned off, don't have any services running. Any ideas what other settings or issues might be limiting my speed? I am perfectly willing to accept that the router might need replacing, I am just frustrated that it works perfectly otherwise.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.
SteveEbey73742
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:21    Post subject: Latest stable firmware Reply with quote
I am using build 21061 and so far, so good. Wondering what the latest stable firmware revision is.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 31 of 32
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: